Buy Tobacco Leaf Online | Whole Leaf Tobacco

Making Black Cavendish with dried, slightly green tobacco

Status
Not open for further replies.

Smokin Harley

Take care of that cough...might I suggest a shot of whiskey ,lemon juice and a tablespoon of raw honey.
Used pressure cooker...no manual .Thank goodness for google and pdf files.

deluxestogie

Administrator
Staff member
Given the title of this thread, "slightly green," it's worth considering that stems are the slowest part of a leaf to cure. I believe that inadequately cured stems may add a "raw" taste, when processed.

Bob

Smokin Harley

I have the PC going once again this morning while the wife is off to work a short day. This session I filled it to about 1/3 full water and placed 2 jars inside .I put the little dutch jar which I did the other day back in for more time and a jar of mystery leaf that I had hanging in the garage mostly mud lugs of what I think are Perique and quite possibly Colombian Garcia and Jalapa . Some of that leaf was a candela color and had a nice sweet dry aroma ,the other stuff was a bit on the more amber side of brown and a little more earthy . Who knows what I'll get ,probably something akin to heaven in a pipe bowl which I will never be able to reproduce .
This is my black friday .

Smokin Harley

well now, just shy of the 2 hour mark my PC ran out of water ,things began to smell a bit ...different. so I turned the flame off and went to let the dogs out...10 seconds after that I hear a sudden Pfffffffffewww! Popped the safety plug right out. So, my pressure cooking is done ,unless i can somehow somewhere find a replacement safety plug . Maybe I'll just go find a more modern pressure cooker that has a re-settable safety plug.
Upon removal of the lid I see one of the jars inside has buckled outward. It was the Little Dutch that had some moisture in it from the last cooking.

Smokin Harley

ok, I know I read somewhere recently someone cooked their leaf at 90 degrees for 24 hours...Thinking about putting these jars in the kiln crockpot and let them go for an entire day . I mean , the kiln I normally maintain at 120-128*F anyway ..whos to say I couldn't just put them in while in these jars and go at finishing it that way but at 90*F ?

Smokin Harley

the jar of mystery leaf after the pressure cooker went south...I popped the lid off to get what I had hoped would be a pleasant aroma . Instead I got what I am all too familiar with . wet labrador. :(
should I press onward with this batch and go ahead and kiln it in the jar . Hoping it turns into one of those- smells bad now , turns into a nice blend later.

Status
Not open for further replies.