Buy Tobacco Leaf Online | Whole Leaf Tobacco

From Ohio

Status
Not open for further replies.

Lorenzai

Hey there guys I joined the forum to learn more about growing tobacco. I've always had a nack for growing all kinds of plants and I have become very interested in Turkish tobacco varieties. Ever since the first time I tried Turkish tobacco I have loved it. The exotic spiciness and all it's rich nuances are simply amazing. I recently was given a sample of whole leaf 'Basma' as well as 'Izmir' and now I'm interested in the idea of growing these rare strains of tobacco.

Jitterbugdude

Founding Member
Welcome!.. I wouldn't call Izmir a rare strain though. It is probably the most common strain used for cigarettes and pipe tobacco. There are plenty of rare Turkish tobaccos though that are being grown by members here. Good luck.

ArizonaDave

Hey there guys I joined the forum to learn more about growing tobacco. I've always had a nack for growing all kinds of plants and I have become very interested in Turkish tobacco varieties. Ever since the first time I tried Turkish tobacco I have loved it. The exotic spiciness and all it's rich nuances are simply amazing. I recently was given a sample of whole leaf 'Basma' as well as 'Izmir' and now I'm interested in the idea of growing these rare strains of tobacco.

Welcome! You'll fit right in here! Lots of reading on here that everyone keeps real interesting :)

istanbulin

Founding Member
Welcome to the forum. Glad to see a new member interested in Turkish tobacco varieties.

Freeotatv

Welcome...sounds like if you end up ordering some leaf from wlt...you will have some fast shipping lanes...being in oh.

Lorenzai

Wow! Thanks for the warm welcome. It's my understanding that Izmir is fairly common along with Prilep. Some Xanthi is considered Basma as well. All I know if that the sample of 'basma' I have in my possesion is absolutely fantastic and I can't seem to purchase it anywhere.

ArizonaDave

Wow! Thanks for the warm welcome. It's my understanding that Izmir is fairly common along with Prilep. Some Xanthi is considered Basma as well. All I know if that the sample of 'basma' I have in my possesion is absolutely fantastic and I can't seem to purchase it anywhere.

You should probably look up Deluxestoogie's threads on here, he has grown many types that you have listed, including several variations of each. Also, we have a member who is from Turkey, and grows several of these currently. Definitely lots of info on here, and a great group of people as well!

Status
Not open for further replies.