Buy Tobacco Leaf Online | Whole Leaf Tobacco

Boehner Will Not Move Forward on Internet Sales Tax Bill

Status
Not open for further replies.

webmost

Good. Taxes Enough Already ( = TEA). Don't need a tax on WLT.

Here in Newark Dull-Aware, they are trying to push thru a rain tax. You heard that right. Squandered the bucks which should have maintained storm drains over the years, so now they want a new tax to squander. Rain, by golly. I'm holding my breath for the breath tax.

JessicaNicot

But that article is spewing good news. I would be happy if they would just spew accurate news.

Bob

Hell, I'd be happy if our local news gave us a whole news story instead of two sentences that lack any sort of real meaning. I get upset every time I see that The Guardian has scooped a really interesting US story. Where are all of the American journalists? Have we really fired them all to play Beyoncé instead(http://headspacepress.com/radio-station-lays-47-journalists-will-play-beyonce-day-everyday-instead/)?

webmost

FmGrowit

Head Honcho
Staff member
A couple weeks ago, I was watching World News Tonight...I think it was on ABC. After less than 5 minutes of "news", the next 20 minutes were followed by George Cloony's wedding, and all sorts of Hollywood crap...World News my ass. Reminds me of the great 1940's propagandists who hid the real story of badly their country was losing the war...out of sight, out of mind.

Pretty sad when you have to go to RT orAljazeera to find out what is happening in our own country.

webmost

A couple weeks ago, I was watching World News Tonight...I think it was on ABC. After less than 5 minutes of "news", the next 20 minutes were followed by George Cloony's wedding, and all sorts of Hollywood crap...World News my ass. Reminds me of the great 1940's propagandists who hid the real story of badly their country was losing the war...out of sight, out of mind.

Pretty sad when you have to go to RT orAljazeera to find out what is happening in our own country.

Hollywood is the world's capital for narcissism. Hollywood owns the media which brings us news. What else would you expect?

Hollywood is also the world's capital for pretense; hence for the world's most skillful pretenders. Pretense is a species of lies. What follows from that?

You don't get to drive your Mazerati home to Malibu by informing anyone. You get to drive your Mazerati home from the studio by selling more eyeballs to the guys selling iPhones. Those who ignore this maxim get to drive their Pinto from the Best Buy where they sell iPhones home to the trailer park.

BarG

Founding Member
Good. Taxes Enough Already ( = TEA). Don't need a tax on WLT.

Here in Newark Dull-Aware, they are trying to push thru a rain tax. You heard that right. Squandered the bucks which should have maintained storm drains over the years, so now they want a new tax to squander. Rain, by golly. I'm holding my breath for the breath tax.

Don't hold it too long, you'll turn blue, thats probablly taxable.

BarG

Founding Member
I was pissed when I had to be out of town to vote this last midterm. Me being the average person who doesn't plan in advance for this [Missed my vote] and even if I did I probably would not get everything on the ballot to vote absentee. I need try that one year to see to compare for any local issues. The main charachters I wanted were pretty much a shoe in but any locall issues I have no clue without being there!
Telling Boehner thanks is rare for me these days but thats a good start, Thank you Boehner.

webmost

I wish they'd reject that bill forever, and never speak of another tax! People are over taxed enough.

HA! Dream on!

A lowly serf in the Dark Ages owed a tithe to the Church and a tithe to his Lord. The Church was responsible for relieving the poor. The Lord was responsible for roads, dykes, and defense, and he funded holiday festivals.

Two tithes = 20%. Who among us pays as little as a downtrodden serf did in the Dark Ages?

Government spends 40% of GDP. The CBO calculates that complying with federal regulations costs another 20%. That's 60% right off the bat. Triple the hapless serf's burden. No one has tallied the cost of complying with state, county, and municipal regulation. Cost of Obamacare has not yet kicked in, so is not included.

The cost to comply with federal regulation alone exceeds the entire GDP of all but eight nations on Earth.

Reduced to round numbers, our sorry situation is absolutely jaw dropping.

BarG

Founding Member
Alll politics aside, theres too many fingers in the pie, Its time to break out the deer leg knippers and cut some fingers. heh heh. or just vote out the beauracrocy.

BarG

Founding Member
We need our politicians to allocate funds, granted. for every new fund allocated 2 old ones should be eliminated and the govt. employees associated sucking us dry should have to migrate to the real world. While were at it add pension reform and the ability to fire somebody who sucks at their job.

DGBAMA

We need our politicians to allocate funds, granted. for every new fund allocated 2 old ones should be omitted along with the govt. employees associated sucking us dry.

I agree, but that would encourage self-reliance, which is frowned upon by certain people/entities....(insert political rant here).

BarG

Founding Member
I agree, but that would encourage self-reliance, which is frowned upon by certain people/entities....(insert political rant here).

Thats what you do to survive as well as I and most everyone I know! That is exactly what is so threatening to people in power , Its called freedom.

BarG

Founding Member
Heres an opinion that never gets voiced! People who strive for a govt. job and get it know they are set for life. That needs to change. That person would never instigate anything. A
positive change to the system perhaps, ihat would jeopardize his well being while yours is being trampled. His well being would be trampled by paid holidays in a rubber room. Thats where you get to sit on your ass with full pay because you can not be fired.
I probably will be called a homophobe when I said people who suck at their job dhould be fired heh heh. I figured I would just leave it like that and see who takes it out of context.

webmost

anent which...
KardashianSm.jpg

Status
Not open for further replies.