Buy Tobacco Leaf Online | Whole Leaf Tobacco

meatmailbox from Oklahoma

Status
Not open for further replies.

meatmailbox

I am new to FFT,just stumbled onto forum after visiting Whole Leaf.I've been making my own cigs since 2003.Started growing leaf for a hobby about 5 yrs ago.I can grow and cure it but,haven't learned the art of aging yet.I have also made it a personal mission to try out every type of leaf I can get my hands on.

bonehead

i hope you have a lot of energy to grow that much tobacco. one of the members here sells good ( no great) seeds and a lot of them for the money. one of his websites is http://northwoodseeds.com/Seed List2.htm . he also has a wholesale seed site if you plant acres of tobacco. i couldn't find some varietys of seeds until i got them from him. there is also a lot of information on the plant uses and growth habits. welcome to the best tobacco forum and tobacco supplier http://fairtradetobacco.com/ that i have found in all my searching. i tried to go to big to fast to quickly and learned i am getting old and should limit my garden size so i can maimtain the quality of the grow and harvest - cure.

DGBAMA

Welcome. I am sure all of your questions can be answered here. What type have you grown?

webmost

Meatmailbox... Is that an alias for Anthony Weiner?

You don't have to age your baccy for cigs, do you?

... what do I know...

leverhead

Welcome! With that mission, you'll run out of time before you finish. On the brighter side, you won't run out of new varieties to try for the rest of your life. If there's an art to aging, I think it would be optimism. If you're talking about aging tobacco, I think it would be patience.

Michibacy

Northern tobacco grower
WEbmost, thank you, I spit out my coffee reading your post.

Mailbox, Welcome, you should enjoy this website once the hazing stops. :D

As for aging baccy for cigs....a little aging helps the grass flavor leave the cigarette. A few months aging and toasting does wonders.

Cheers

meatmailbox

I've grown samsun,burley,virginia and some that I crossed between burley and samsun.The burley and samsun grew very well.The virginia,I guess doesn't like Oklahoma or the soil.They all tasted green but,I have some burley that has been hanging for a year that I will try soon.

Knucklehead

Founding Member
Welcome to FTT. If you'll put a general location in your profile, it will appear with every post and we will have a better idea of the weather conditions in your area of the country if you have any future questions.

Status
Not open for further replies.