Buy Tobacco Leaf Online | Whole Leaf Tobacco

Threshed Toasted Burley now available

Status
Not open for further replies.

FmGrowit

Head Honcho
Staff member
In an ongoing desire to offer the best tobaccos available on the market and sometimes not available on the open market, I'm happy to announce we finally have some genuine toasted Burley available.

Due to the nature of the toasting process, this tobacco is only available in threshed form. According to federal law, threashed tobacco can only be sold in quantities greater than 10 lbs. without being considered a "tobacco product". Therefor, we are selling the threshed Burley in 5 kilo bags, which is slightly more than 11 lbs.

We will be offering threshed blends in the very near future which will consist of three or four types of tobacco within one bag weighing 5 kg.

Here's a link to the threshed Burley http://wholeleaftobacco.com/Threshed-Burley-Tobacco-THRshdBrl.htm

Anyone who has tried the threshed Burley, feel free to leave a comment.

Pictures will be posted later today.

DonH

It's some excellent Burley! The smoothest I've tasted. You can smoke it straight. It's been aged a long time.

DGBAMA

Don, your pic does it no service. Beautiful Red/brown. Flavor without harshness.

Left is flue cured, Right is the new burley.
14161039542080.jpg

bryonlr

This is the holy grail of burly tobacco. This burly fulfills the missing link to wlt blends :)

Knucklehead

Founding Member
I just placed my order for the toasted threshed Burley. This will be my first toasted Burley and I'm looking forward to seeing what difference it makes in my blend. Thanks for another great offering from www.wholeleaftobacco.com.

Freeotatv

Its like a usda choice boneless ribeye...you really want to get it on your plate.

The taste and smoothness and full round chocolate/coffee flavor is sublime...if you thinkn your blend is missing some "body" or texture...the toasted burley will fill that void.

There's also more reviews in the "assistance with threshed blend" thread.

Last edited by a moderator:

FmGrowit

Head Honcho
Staff member
Until now, smoking Burley in a cigarette required lungs of iron or it had to be used as a condiment to a blend of Flue Cured and Turkish. Now, with this toasted Burley, you can smoke a 100% Burley cigarette and enjoy it.

As far as the cost goes...11 lbs will likely last the average "pack a day" smoker over one year when blended 50% with other tobaccos. It's like getting Prime rib for the price of dog food, but you have to buy it in bulk.

Knucklehead

Founding Member
I just finished my blend using the toasted Burley. It is extremely smooth with that great Burley flavor. However, I had to reduce Maryland slightly, and increase dark air slightly, to recover that slight throat hit that I'm used to. After the adjustments, I ended up with the best blend so far. The toasted Burley is a great addition to the cigarette tobaccos available from www.wholeleaftobacco.com.

PeacePipe

Smoothest Burley I have ever had..May just have to stock up on this being aged to perfection its only gonna get better

Status
Not open for further replies.