Buy Tobacco Leaf Online | Whole Leaf Tobacco

Wisconsin snow storm

Status
Not open for further replies.

DrBob

Founding Member
in the last 5 days I got over 21" of snow and expect another 3" later today 100 miles east of me in Gile Wisconsin near Hurley they got 50.1" in the same period. Anybody want some snow? It isn't so bad, all the roads are cleared off and travel is no problem. I mowed grass on sunday

rustycase

Why yes, drbob!
Thanks for offering!

Would you fly some out to us next week?
Thank you!
rc

We'll leave the light on for you.

DrBob

Founding Member
how much you want? you only have to pay shipping. I have 400,000# in my yard good to go. fedex or ups?

DrBob

Founding Member
Only got 2" of snow last night. for a total of 23" in a week. About a month early as far as normal would be. 2" is that pain in the ass snow not quite enough to bring the snow blower out but enough to have to sweep away from the sidewalk. 6" is good blowing snow

Bex

Very rare to get snow where I am in Ireland. No one is used to it, there are few services to deal with it (other than salt - no plowing, etc.). I have a little jeep, and could make a mint if I installed a plow.
You will like this: they close the schools here if we get (ready for this??) ONE INCH of snow!!
On the plus side, even though it doesn't last, it also doesn't get black, mushy, etc. It's more like a picture postcard. Our last 'heavy' snowstorm:
smallsnow 1.jpg

POGreen

in the last 5 days I got over 21" of snow and expect another 3" later today 100 miles east of me in Gile Wisconsin near Hurley they got 50.1" in the same period. Anybody want some snow? It isn't so bad, all the roads are cleared off and travel is no problem. I mowed grass on sunday

It was on the news over here in Sweden too that a cold winter had struck especially Denver Colorado with -26 Celsius this Thursday and Casper Wyoming had some -33 Celcius.
Got a bit surprised when I heard about it , down in the southwest of Sweden where I live degs is variyng from + 5 - + 10 C every day and no white stuff at all , so far........
What we have now is a bit too good , I wouldn't mind less degs and some snow.

Ben Brand

Sorry to hear about your snowstorms. Here in SA hot sunny weather. Patch ready for the big tobacco planting in 2 weeks time, can't wait. Very eager, new area, nice soil, hope to have a bumper crop. I can ask Santa to bring you some sunny SA weather. :cool:

charlie G.

Bob you remind me of when I usto grouse hunt Price county the last 2 weeks in Oct. We almost always got a surprise snow storm that would dump 6in go threw while there. Then the next week it would get up to 70deg.

DrBob

Founding Member
It was on the news over here in Sweden too that a cold winter had struck especially Denver Colorado with -26 Celsius this Thursday and Casper Wyoming had some -33 Celcius.
Got a bit surprised when I heard about it , down in the southwest of Sweden where I live degs is variyng from + 5 - + 10 C every day and no white stuff at all , so far........
What we have now is a bit too good , I wouldn't mind less degs and some snow.
my grandparents were swedes. what were they thinking? Summer here is just 3 months of bad snowmobiling

POGreen

I guess I've been thinking about that a few months ago , I mean u having swedish relatives.
If I remember this right it had somethin to do with your name , not Dr.Bob but the other one , but I might be wrong.........

jojjas

1 200 000 swedes migrated out of sweden betwen 1850 - 1900 , about 1/5 of the whole population , most of them stayed in northern part of US .
As most of the swedes today ,i have family over there , some of them who we been in contac with , and beeing visited lives in Akron Ohio , not me but if i get the opportunity i will surelly do that in future

POGreen

Lutfisk , thats where I draw the line , I rather make a nice salmon in a good sauce in the oven.
I have a relative living in Las Vegas since the last 40 years , met him on our square in Halmstad this summer ;)

Status
Not open for further replies.