Buy Tobacco Leaf Online | Whole Leaf Tobacco

What to do What to do? growing for cigarettes

Status
Not open for further replies.

Seroine

Ive never grown tobacco, thinking it was illegal to do so, but now due to the economy its the best choice. I would like to grow tobacco for cigarettes. i smoke full flavor pall malls. what would be the best strain to grow? i live in north western washington, so for awhile i will be growing in my kitchen window. any suggestions would be greatly appreciated Thank you

FmGrowit

Head Honcho
Staff member
Almost all American cigarettes are made from a blend of Burley, Flue Cured and Oriental. Burley is probably the most versatile of all types of tobacco because of is ability to absorb flavor. There are some tricks you can do with Burley also (toasting) to achieve a completely different flavor.

Jitterbugdude

Founding Member
I'm pretty sure all of the tobacco was toasted back then and I think it was Luck Strike that bragged about theirs being toasted. I'm not sure though... not being born yet and all that stuff :D

Chicken

redneck grower
Founding Member
ive toasted the majority of the baccy i got stored in mason jars right now,

i must be doing something right,???

BigBonner

Founding Member
Here is a redry set up and something more interesting is the picture gallery . I see something that intrest me most see what you can find .

http://www.abandonedonline.net/industry/parker-tobacco-company/

tx7yO.jpg

Jitterbugdude

Founding Member
Are you sure this isn't a lay out for a "Gentlemen s' Club"? I see the "Strip Product" section, the "strip drying" and the "Busters" section but nothing really related to tobacco. I'm not even gong to mention the "Vibrating" section or the "Stem packing" section..:D

BigBonner

Founding Member
Don

Thats what I wanted for people to see ,is to see if I thought I seen, what I thought I saw . A inside of a shredder .

It looks like to me that it wouldn't put out as fine a shred as they do today . This shredder may be old equipment . I would like to see a picture of a newer version .

Jitterbugdude

I don't know what to say about your comment except that if I was younger I would probably see it the same way as you did . :rolleyes:

View attachment 315

What's my prize?

I like it too, the next picture puts into scale. The shredder is to the far left.

View attachment 316

johnlee1933

Founding Member
I'm pretty sure all of the tobacco was toasted back then and I think it was Luck Strike that bragged about theirs being toasted. I'm not sure though... not being born yet and all that stuff :D

Well, I was born and partly grown then, They tasted like sh#& then and not much's changed ! ! !

Status
Not open for further replies.