Buy Tobacco Leaf Online | Whole Leaf Tobacco

new flying machine

Status
Not open for further replies.

DrBob

Founding Member
009-001.JPG010-001.JPG
I have a new project in my hangar. It is a 1959 Cessna 172 and it needs to be reassembled and put back into flying condition. There are so many parts missing I am going to have to recommend to the owner to forget that Idea. Seems that a couple of hillbillies took it apart 12 years ago and a lot of important parts got misplaced. All the big ones are there like the wings, engine, prop, tailfeathers, but lots of special bolts and brackets are nowhere to be found. I could have had it back together in a week but it may take a year to round everything up

DrBob

Founding Member
The wings and engine are there, what more do you need?
clevices. sholder bolts, turnbuckles, cowling attach fittings, mufflers, bellcranks, trim tab actuator arm, pulleys, bushings, seat attach hardware, scat tube, carb air box , cabin heat plenum, fuel selector plate, trim chain sprocket, pitot tube, brake lines, Spinner backup plate, oil separator tank, breather tube, elt, seat belts, tail attach brackets. AND DUCT TAPE.
It is a shame, somehow a big box of parts got lost somewhere and it will take a long time to find replacements.

DrBob

Founding Member
That is a real fine airplane however. 1100 hours total time for a 45 year old machine, straight as an arrow, no corrosion, new windshield, 0 hours since major overhaul O-300 continental

DrBob

Founding Member
this airplane was moved out of my hangar until the owner comes up with parts. The next project is a hail damaged airplane paintless dent repair.

Brown Thumb

How do they do PDR on a plane.
Glue pull everything?
Sounds like something I would not want to do. Car Roofs are bad enough to do.

DrBob

Founding Member
actually the wings are full of access holes and most dents can be massaged out with a spoon from underneath. Some times a heat gun and ice cubes will pop some out. A vacuum pump and suction cup will pop some out. Airplanes are pretty crude machines compared to automobiles in the fit and finish so we just try to make it better, not perfect

Status
Not open for further replies.