Buy Tobacco Leaf Online | Whole Leaf Tobacco

Cellophane Wrappers for sale?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Chris A

Sorry if this is posted somewhere but a I didn't see it. Does anyone know where to buy cellophane cigar wrappers?

Thanks.

Chris

Knucklehead

Founding Member
Don sells tobacco wrappers that will taste one hell of a lot better. Yuck. Cellophane wrappers. What will you guys think of next, newspaper fillers? ;)

webmost

I'm curious as to why you would want to put cellophane on a cigar.

Bob

For long term storage in a busy humidor, or for transport, cello sleeves are useful. Keep the odor in, the odors from mixing, and keep the wrapper intact. I don't like naked cigars in my daily use humidor, cause the skins get a bit beat up when I am looking for something else. From time to time, people send me naked cigars as gifts, presumably out of a box of unwrapped. I won a cigar lottery here recently, won 158 cigars, about eight of which were naked, and two of those had beat up wrappers just in shipping them here and fooling with them. Nakes are great straight out of the box, but not so much after a bit of handling. That's one reason I roll batches of 25 or 30 of the same blend, enough to fill a cigar box, then put that boxful to age inside a cooler. But if you just wanted to roll a couple, but then you wanted to age them inside a busy box, then I could see where cello would be useful. Likewise if you want to carry a couple in your pocket, or ship them off.

Best cellos I have seen are a few of the FX Smiths' have a red pull stripe that whips that cello right off. You just don't see that enough. I imagine back in the days when Roi Tan and Dutch Masters ruled, there were prolly several brands that used this all-American ingenuity method. Most attractive cellos I have seen are the Tuscororas, which have the word "Tuscorora" printed on the cello, rather than a band. Bands can be a pain to remove, add too much cost, and just wind up as trash.

If I were a cigar manufacturer in some non-existent practical world, I would go for different color striped clear cellos for different blends, with the brand printed on the cello, and a red pull tab to whip it off. But then, I would pre-punch the cigar end, too, to make it ready to smoke. So what do I know. Good thing we live in this meretricious universe rather than that mythical practical world.

Status
Not open for further replies.