Buy Tobacco Leaf Online | Whole Leaf Tobacco

Wlt's moisture proof bags question

Status
Not open for further replies.

Freeotatv

Im pretty sure that theres been a prior posting....so sorry for asking but

how does one reseal the wlt moisture proof bags.

id be interested in instructions for resealing with a heat gun and or garment iron....

much appreciated

FmGrowit

Head Honcho
Staff member
The bags are heat sealed, but regulating the amount of heat is the trick. You can use a clothes iron or your wife's curling iron, but you didn't hear that from me. It only takes a split second to melt the two sides of the bag together. Any longer than that...you'll have melted goo all over whatever you use.

DGBAMA

Iron or vacuum sealer works, but just folding the top down a couple times and holding with tape does too, and you don't make the bag shorter each time it has to be cut open.

DonH

An iron works, but put it on low. If you have it on Cotton, it could make a mess quick.

Brown Thumb

I fold it in half and put it on something flat and press the top down with something flat and run a lighter on the edge it works fine. It takes a couple of tries to master but it works quick and easy.
image.jpgimage.jpg

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    32.9 KB · Views: 65

Knucklehead

Founding Member
I like to reuse the bags so I don't heat seal. Cutting the bag off each time renders them useless after a period of time. I just fold the open end over a couple of times and seal with clothes pins. Moisture retention is just fine and I can re-purpose the bags for my home grown.

Freeotatv

Yup...all good suggestions by all...just depends on how much you wana reuse the bags

Jitterbugdude

Founding Member
Like most others I just roll my back up and seal it with tape. You can also purchase an impulse sealer pretty cheap on Ebay (about $30.00). If using an iron if you put a piece of aluminum foil on top of the bag the iron will not stick to the plastic, thus saving endless nagging by your significant other.

deluxestogie

Administrator
Staff member
...just depends on how much you wana reuse the bags
These bags are expensive and otherwise difficult to find in the market in quantities under 1000. They are vapor-proof because the polyethylene is bonded to Nylon. And they hold up for years.

If you ever smoke a pipe, the bottom third of a bag can be cut into the finest functioning tobacco pouch you'll ever find. For travel with cigars, leather pocket holders are great physical protection, but do zip on moisture retention. A pouch liner made from one of these poly-Nylon bags can keep cigars fresh for weeks.

Bob

Freeotatv

These bags are expensive and otherwise difficult to find in the market in quantities under 1000. They are vapor-proof because the polyethylene is bonded to Nylon. And they hold up for years.

If you ever smoke a pipe, the bottom third of a bag can be cut into the finest functioning tobacco pouch you'll ever find. For travel with cigars, leather pocket holders are great physical protection, but do zip on moisture retention. A pouch liner made from one of these poly-Nylon bags can keep cigars fresh for weeks.

Bob

Very interesting suggestion to use it as a finished product pouch....

Freeotatv

Like most others I just roll my back up and seal it with tape. You can also purchase an impulse sealer pretty cheap on Ebay (about $30.00). If using an iron if you put a piece of aluminum foil on top of the bag the iron will not stick to the plastic, thus saving endless nagging by your significant other.

Helpful extra tips...much appreciated on the sealer machine

Status
Not open for further replies.