Buy Tobacco Leaf Online | Whole Leaf Tobacco

pipe smoker from Canada

Status
Not open for further replies.

ChinaVoodoo

Hi, I'm Stew, from Edmonton. I've been a pipe smoker for a long time. I'm a weld inspector, but also spent some years studying and practicing acupuncture. I garden, hunt, forage, bake, brew, and ferment. I've grown tobacco before, but didn't have a clue about what to do with it. Thanks to FTT, I'm learning lots, and my first year of curing is going really well. I'm enjoying the process so much, I wish I had begun years ago. Growing and processing my own tobacco fits in much more with my interests than simply buying it. It's much more existentially fulfilling

ArizonaDave

Hi, I'm Stew, from Edmonton. I've been a pipe smoker for a long time. I'm a weld inspector, but also spent some years studying and practicing acupuncture. I garden, hunt, forage, bake, brew, and ferment. I've grown tobacco before, but didn't have a clue about what to do with it. Thanks to FTT, I'm learning lots, and my first year of curing is going really well. I'm enjoying the process so much, I wish I had begun years ago. Growing and processing my own tobacco fits in much more with my interests than simply buying it. It's much more existentially fulfilling

Sounds like you'll fit in fine here. I've read threads here on all these subjects, feel free to share. Sounds like you're having fun already!

ChinaVoodoo

Chilliwack must be prime growing territory. Will do. I want to get started now, but I'll hold off on the blog. Two friends have been interested since they seen my crop this year, and how curing is going. Gonna grow at their places. And just yesterday a coworker suggested that his dad had 13 acres of unused land. This year might be more than a back yard hobby! Went to the ponics store today. Got my grow light setup all sussed out for starting my plants. Can't wait.

chillardbee

Chilliwack BC, Canada (south western Canada)
The fraser valley to canada is much like Virginia is to the US but with out the horn worms. There once was commercial baccy here back in the 30's and 40's. the grow season is usually with out inccident (no hail, wind, ect) and the season is long enough to grow a sucker crop with time to spare. I like it.

13 acres would put you up to a sideline baccy farmer, lol. average amount of plants per acre is 7000 or so with a 2500+lbs per acre dry weight, depending on the variety grown and where and soil type.

ChinaVoodoo

The fraser valley to canada is much like Virginia is to the US but with out the horn worms. There once was commercial baccy here back in the 30's and 40's. the grow season is usually with out inccident (no hail, wind, ect) and the season is long enough to grow a sucker crop with time to spare. I like it.

13 acres would put you up to a sideline baccy farmer, lol. average amount of plants per acre is 7000 or so with a 2500+lbs per acre dry weight, depending on the variety grown and where and soil type.

Oh, jeez. I wasn't considering using the entire 13 acres, just maybe a few hundred plants. But who knows, maybe when my job makes me go mental again, I'll quit and start a tobacco farm out in Lytton, or Hundred Mile House. I told the woman that if she ever left me I'd move to Mumbai and start a microbrewery. Maybe it'll be a tobacco farm instead.

chillardbee

Chilliwack BC, Canada (south western Canada)
We are planning to move to 100 mile within the next 4 years or so. looking to get 100+ acres w/wooded area (firewood and builing materials) with about 40+ acres as pasture. Growing baccy will be so much easier once I have the space to grow and cure it in.

Status
Not open for further replies.