Buy Tobacco Leaf Online | Whole Leaf Tobacco

Powermatic Injector 2 +

Status
Not open for further replies.

Dreamsoul

Hi people

I recently bought one Powermatic Injector 2 + , and I'm a little disappointed with the injector ( probably its my fault ) .

So in the begin could not get the the part near to filter stay filled , after some attemps i understand that i have to make a magic movement to the left with the finger, but sometimes dont work...

Second problem is 98% of the cigarettes made always came with tobacco off the tip, and that i cant understand why , i try several things but it happens all the time , and i lose time to cut that extra tip with a scissor .

I saw several videos from people doing cigarettes on powermatic 2 + , and i dont see that problem .

So I want to ask for some opinions , advices , tricks etc

This video makes me get angry with my self , its incredible how fast this guy goes.

Knucklehead

Founding Member
Mine usually has a little sticking out the end so I tamp the filter end three or four times on the table to compact all tobacco to a consistent level throughout the cigarette and to eliminate dead spaces. Then I give the end a slight twist so the tobacco won't fall out. Commercial cigarettes have a sticky substance added to keep the tobacco from falling out. How much tobacco to pack into the chamber changes with the moisture content of the tobacco. My tobacco is pretty dry when I stuff tubes. You just have to keep your patience and pay attention. You will eventually develop a feel for how much to add to the chamber and how much to pack it down. It's more of an art than a science. Hang with it, those are great injectors.

Gmac

Hi people

I recently bought one Powermatic Injector 2 + , and I'm a little disappointed with the injector ( probably its my fault ) .

So in the begin could not get the the part near to filter stay filled , after some attemps i understand that i have to make a magic movement to the left with the finger, but sometimes dont work...

Second problem is 98% of the cigarettes made always came with tobacco off the tip, and that i cant understand why , i try several things but it happens all the time , and i lose time to cut that extra tip with a scissor .

I saw several videos from people doing cigarettes on powermatic 2 + , and i dont see that problem .

So I want to ask for some opinions , advices , tricks etc

This video makes me get angry with my self , its incredible how fast this guy goes.

I have a digital Moisture Meter that I use to check everything including Hay. An injector machine will make a perfect cigarette everytime with a moisture content 0f 14%. Too Dry it falls out tip and is loose. Too wet it packs with no draw. 14% just like the store bought. I use the meter for Checking my stored tobacco also. I keep what I'm going to use soon at 18-20%. Grind it at that moisture, lots less dust. I spread what i'm going to roll out on a commercial 1/2 cookie sheet about 16 by 20", (won't fit in my oven) It drrys to 14% in 5 to 10 minutes. An injector machine also doesn't like hard stemey and large grind either. I can make a pack in about 2 minutes.
Hope this helps.
Gmac

Bex

How do you check something with a moisture meter - is it the same principle as an IR thermometer where you just point it at the thing you want to measure and get a reading off of it??

Gmac

How do you check something with a moisture meter - is it the same principle as an IR thermometer where you just point it at the thing you want to measure and get a reading off of it??

It has two sharp probes on the end. Just pick up a handful of shreded tobacco and stick the probes into It. I couldn't not be without one as it tells you exactly what the Moisture is in any given situation. It takes all the failure out of rolling cigarettes; and storage to prevent mould.

One particular thing I do when rolling is put the seam side of the paper up. It keeps it from sliding off the spoon 99% of the time. My machine measures the the exact amount of tobaccco for each cigarette automatically, near about hands free.

Gmac

Dreamsoul

First of all thanks for your opinion and advices .

None of the solutions worked, until in one of the dozens of searches I do about this problems i found this brilliant guy.

by scroller49 » Wed Sep 03, 2014 10:33 pm The problem with filter voids is the black holder that holds the tube to the brass piece has a worn rubber end on it. It's called a rubber bumper and you need a new one. You can buy them from ZICO USA INC at .25 cents each. I just bought 10 of them for $2.50 no shipping. I took a dental pick and stick it in the hole in the center of the black tube holder and you can pull the old one out. Take the smallest of tweezers you can find pointed at best and very very small, take a new rubber bumper and put it at the hole and very slowly wiggle it in, not too fast, it is a tight fit. The more you push the new bumper the fatter the rubber will get and it won't go in the hole, very slow, very slow. When it starts to go in, take a flat screw driver or butter knife and push the new rubber bumper in as you wiggle it, stop wiggle some more, stop wiggle some more, untill it is in. It will roll like the day you bought it. The phone number you call will be the service department, tell them you would like to order some rubber bumpers and they will transfer you. .25 cents each, no tax no shipping 10 for $2.50 or 20 for $5.00 out of CA. Search ZICO USA INC Powermatic II Injector to get web site or call 909-468-5999 Rubber bumpers are very very small, if you have the shakes have someone else put it in. YOU DON"T HAVE TO OPEN ROLLER TO PUT ONE OF THESE IN !!!!!!!!!!!!! This is very easy.

So I looked for that rubber in my machine and it was nearly exhausted, the solution to order new ones from Zico it will take too much time (I'm from Portugal), so i cutted a little of rubber like the old one but bigger , and do the same process scroller49 explained .

And now it works like a charm .

Gmac

First of all thanks for your opinion and advices .

None of the solutions worked, until in one of the dozens of searches I do about this problems i found this brilliant guy.

So I looked for that rubber in my machine and it was nearly exhausted, the solution to order new ones from Zico it will take too much time (I'm from Portugal), so i cutted a little of rubber like the old one but bigger , and do the same process scroller49 explained .

And now it works like a charm .
Powermatic Service Center 921 Mariner Street
Brea, CA 928211
714-529-5060
[email]zicousa@att.net
[/EMAIL]

Gmac

Status
Not open for further replies.