Buy Tobacco Leaf Online | Whole Leaf Tobacco

what my wife is getting me for Christmas

Status
Not open for further replies.

Bex

Nice looking piece - I always like reading the reviews on Amazon, though. It seems that some people have had to re-seal this, and also complain a bit about the hygrometer. Did you read the reviews? However, any of the repairs, if necessary, seem doable. It's a lovely piece!

Smokin Harley

Bex, you wouldnt believe how many I looked at through various sites and vendors. This one had the best of what I want. capacity -and I found out that capacity in humis are based on corona sized sticks ,so anyone who smokes a decent sized stick the number is definitely lower than listed .I'll be lucky to put 75% of the reported capacity in it. Looks -I like to have glass so I can see what I have without opening the lid and letting the humidity out. Looks well made , like a piece of furniture, My wife wanted to get me something that will last a long time. Cost- because we just dont have that kind of cash floating around. In stock. And yes I did check reviews. This one had an overall best reviews for what was available within the budget. there were a couple others I thought I wanted but the reviews more than not were saying how badly they sealed. Pieces fell apart ,damaged when it had arrived or what have you. I was reading a few others that I was absolutely amazed how uneducated some people are and know nothing about what they were buying or even how to season a humi. One model had multiple reviews on unable to season it . One consumer told how (in steps) how to season(more like an exerpt from a humi selling site....wiping the interior with a cloth moistened with distilled water). a reply from an"experienced smoker" said one should never wipe anything wet into a humidor" I was like...well the humidity isnt going to get there by itself. I thought to myself ,this guy is obviously smoking some dry ass cigars. probably buys the cheapest ones the gas station sells.
Ben, I am very thankful for my wife. not only does she get me a lot of nice stuff. She lets me be me.

DIY Pete

http://wineadors.com/

Buy a wine fridge and them get shelves and drawers from Forest (link). You will not regret it. I have 230 cigars in mine with room to spare.

Pete

charlie G.

You have a keeper there Harley. Good luck with it and read up on seasoning it before it arrives.

Pete I've been dieing for one of them for years. Just can't find the price I want to pay.

Smokin Harley

Pete, that wineador looks great. Sometimes theres one that gets advertised on a local sale site. usually rarely or never used and go cheap or best offer. Now that I see this , next time I see one I may just have to jump on it. I could probably build the drawers myself but where would one source that much quality spanish cedar?

Gdaddy

Pete, that wineador looks great. Sometimes theres one that gets advertised on a local sale site. usually rarely or never used and go cheap or best offer. Now that I see this , next time I see one I may just have to jump on it. I could probably build the drawers myself but where would one source that much quality spanish cedar?

I built the drawers in mine. There are several sources for the Spanish cedar. I did a floor and two sides and left the two ends open for circulation. The white plastic with holes in it seen on the bottom unit. The digital hygrometer is visible through the glass.

The upper unit has cigars stored in cedar boxes.

Each wine cooler I got off Crags list for $35, (Emerson 8 bottle) Total cost as shown around $100.

The units are tight and the big advantage is temperature control (66 degrees rock solid). It's something to consider.

Double decker.jpg

Smokin Harley

You have a keeper there Harley. Good luck with it and read up on seasoning it before it arrives.

Pete I've been dieing for one of them for years. Just can't find the price I want to pay.

Charlie, thanks she really is . She supports me ,whatever I do . She loves the fact that when I like things, I research those things and I eventually do those things myself. Shes almost as excited as I am to grow my own tobacco next year. yep, I know how to season a humi. no worries there.

BarG

Founding Member
When you grow your own, kiln your own, roll your own. save your own in your new toy , will you be happier? I would.

DIY Pete

Here is s picture of mine right after I got it. It is now much fuller and I added 1 drawer for my loose sticks. I will never go back to a regular humidor.

Pete

rainmax

Founding Member
For everyday use it is nice to have table humidor but because we are in this business rack is a must.

Somebody is breaking the law here.

DIY Pete

For everyday use it is nice to have table humidor but because we are in this business rack is a must.

Somebody is breaking the law here.

I have a small desktop Humi that I keep a few home rolled in along with an old humi that I us to store my assorted smoking supplies in. You know lighters, cutters, ashtrays, etc.

Pete

LewZephyr

I have a small desktop Humi that I keep a few home rolled in along with an old humi that I us to store my assorted smoking supplies in. You know lighters, cutters, ashtrays, etc.

Pete

That is a sexy box.... I just

charlie G.

Harley would the wife understand if you opened the Humidor early to get it seasoned so it is ready to load on Christmas ?

Pete I envy you. I've always wanted a humi like that but hate to dish out the cash.
I think it would be easier for me to have a wine cooler humi then have to take care of these 2.

attachment.php

Attachments

• P7290022.jpg
    P7290022.jpg
    58.9 KB · Views: 82

Brown Thumb

I evny you also, My wife is giving me the divorce papers to sign.
She thinks she is keeping the house and property, that's too funny.
Really sucks for my kids tho. I thought I could deal with her untill they were out of the house.
No Christmas here this year.

Status
Not open for further replies.