Buy Tobacco Leaf Online | Whole Leaf Tobacco

Hollywood props. Hands of tobacco

Status
Not open for further replies.

FmGrowit

Head Honcho
Staff member
Got an email from a movie prop company wanting to buy tobacco for a movie prop. After I replied about the difficulties they would have keeping the leaf in a condition it could be work with, one of the reps called me to discuss it. They want the tobacco in hands and plugs...the movie setting is in the 1880's. I told him I'm thinking about drying some leaf to brittle dry and using some kind of light cooking oil on it to make it workable for an extended time. Obviously, it won't be fit for consumption after this, but it's a good way to get rid of some garbage leaf.

Anyone have any other suggestions?

deluxestogie

Administrator
Staff member
You could spray it directly with 50% propylene glycol : 50% water (same mixture used for cigar humidifiers, and readily available), or 100% propylene glycol (available from livestock supplies vendors, e.g. http://www.jefferslivestock.com/product.asp?camid=LIV&pn=FQ-A6), which is hygroscopic. Since propylene glycol is also anti-fungal, that would solve that issue as well. With 100% propylene glycol, the props people could just slip in into a bag at night, and it would remain workable for months (if not forever).

Bob

Status
Not open for further replies.