Buy Tobacco Leaf Online | Whole Leaf Tobacco

what are these guns worth

Status
Not open for further replies.

DrBob

Founding Member
the best info is they are Belgian velo baby hammerless folding trigger revolvers. circa 1875 +/- ? 25 cal? 5 shot revolvers. I have had these guns for 20 years. It was one of those bar room deals that I could not pass up. I put them away and forgot about them until a few days ago.

deluxestogie

Administrator
Staff member
http://www.gunauction.com/buy/10058263

velo-dog%20revolver%20006.jpg_thumbnail1.jpg

Bob

deluxestogie

Administrator
Staff member
I suppose the speed of access (time from moment of need to moment of firing) is somewhere between that of a gun with a standard trigger/guard and a gun with a missing trigger. Maybe something for under the poker table, or under the pillow.

Bob

DrBob

Founding Member
I figured the old knucklehead would chime in. Rock Island auction sold one very similar to mine for $1100 in 2012 I just missed the consignment for next weeks auction and will have to wait till February or March till the next auction.

ArizonaDave

I figured the old knucklehead would chime in. Rock Island auction sold one very similar to mine for $1100 in 2012 I just missed the consignment for next weeks auction and will have to wait till February or March till the next auction.

It looks more like the "Baby Hammerless" that Knucks just posted. 22LR is far more common of a round and could put these in a higher demand catagory? I hope so. Either way, they are COOL!

daniel draeving

Velodog, originally made in France, also produced in Belgium in the late 1800's. Similar to a .22magnum. I saw one sold about 3years ago, nickel plated about 98% condition for $425.00.

Are there any markings on the gun?

DrBob

Founding Member
6.35 Br is marked on one side. the safty is marked sur and few and gobs of proof markingson the barrel one is a crown over R and * over K I need to get my good camera and I will post a picture of it

DrBob

Founding Member
I did my best to photo the proof marks but no real luck. I was told that they probably were Belgian browning 25 cal. I guess that was right. Thanks for the help

BarG

Founding Member
What are they worth to you is the question. A set of pistols like like that purchased at a bargain? I have some old guns also but yours seem to have no sentimental value. I would settle for market or enough under market value for quick profits.

DrBob

Founding Member
What are they worth to you is the question. A set of pistols like like that purchased at a bargain? I have some old guns also but yours seem to have no sentimental value. I would settle for market or enough under market value for quick profits.
A hear you loud and clear. There is no reason for me to keep them anymore, they have been sitting in the case for nearly 20 years and never tried to sell them nor tried too hard to find out what they are. Some gun collector I am.
But then again I do have some very fine rifles.

BarG

Founding Member
The old rifles i own are hand me downs from wars and riots. You should realy have them appraised to see there true value! I have a 3030 winchester with saddle rings and a filed down trigger purchashed in the 30's during a bad ass riot in houston texas. my grandad loaned it to a great uncle who patrolled the rail yards and now its been mine since I was 16 and will be my grannd sons when he is ? or after I die. I killed more animals I can shake a stick at till My eyes can't see the front sight good with that gun.. It was purchsed for personal protection and used to patrol against theft and such. From what I understand the winchester doubled in value a few years ago when the company went thru some changes.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.