Buy Tobacco Leaf Online | Whole Leaf Tobacco

New Law to be introduced in the UK

Status
Not open for further replies.

Bex

They will get their way, the worrying thing is, that it will be against the law to even grow tobacco in the UK, and if you get caught it will be a big big fine !!. All it be is revenue collection.

I think the idea is to go after the people who would receive the large shipments of leaf, like the distributors, rather than individuals who are only getting a few kilos at a time. However, this is also against the EU trade agreements. But yes this, as with everything else, is all about revenue.....

CT Tobaccoman

Jbug,

Just stay out of the People's Commonwealth of Massachusetts. You can be arrested for saying you always thought marriage was about men and women. Seriously, it's a hate crime. Needless to say smokers are lepers and considered to be the number one health menace--they believe in "second hand smoke" as if it was true. I tell em the cigarettes you don't smoke can't hurt you, which might be a misdemeanor.

Like, the butts kill the birds and fish, they believe. What fish considers a cig but food? Birds use the filters to line their nests, so they actually benefit from smokers. This idea is not a crime yet, but a heresy. The Puritans landed here in the Mayflower--too bad they never left.

CT

tomb

I think the idea is to go after the people who would receive the large shipments of leaf, like the distributors, rather than individuals who are only getting a few kilos at a time. However, this is also against the EU trade agreements. But yes this, as with everything else, is all about revenue.....

No unfortunately it looks like with the new legislation, HMRC are expecting both individuals and businesses to register and obtain licenses for handling raw tobacco - for any means. No-one it seems is excluded.

http://fairtradetobacco.com/threads...s-and-individuals-Tobacco-Registration-Scheme

Tobacco Duty: raw tobacco registration scheme

Status
Not open for further replies.