Whole Leaf Tobacco
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123
    Senior Member Frozenthunderbolt's Avatar

Re: Homedistiller.org

Or live here in New Zealand where it is legal to distill as much as you want for personal consumption .
    I started with a bought still, modified it and have made 1 and a half of my own stills as well.
    I make a bit of every thing, but am yet to get into the all-grain game yet - I'm mostly doing sugar heads and rum that compare to some of the best I've had the opportunity to taste. Yet to really nail a scotch though.

Stumbled on this thread and wanted to give it a little bump. I never buy spirits anymore (except the occasional single malt) and almost everything I know I learnt from HD forum and its mother site. I am certain that many FTT users would appreciate both the hobby and the forum.

Quote Originally Posted by jhand45 View Post
    Stumbled on this thread and wanted to give it a little bump. I never buy spirits anymore (except the occasional single malt) and almost everything I know I learnt from HD forum and its mother site. I am certain that many FTT users would appreciate both the hobby and the forum.
    I agree. Someone who isn't me gained a lot of information from that site; enough to make some pretty good whisky. I always thought there was a legitimate reason for New Zealand's existence.
    This blanket is a necessity. It keeps me from cracking up. It may be regarded as a spiritual tourniquet. Without it, I'd be nothing, a ship without a rudder. - Linus

That site appears to be dead and gone.
    Unmitigated risk aversion is the new Puritanism; complete with witch hunts funny outfits and humorless preachers thundering doom. The Deity is Safety; Satan is a Lawyer; but the object is the same: to suck the life out of life and tell you how to live it.

Quote Originally Posted by webmost View Post
    That site appears to be dead and gone.
    I just checked it out, seems to up and running now. Maybe they had a glitch and were off for a little while?

http://homedistiller.org
    Works for me.
    This blanket is a necessity. It keeps me from cracking up. It may be regarded as a spiritual tourniquet. Without it, I'd be nothing, a ship without a rudder. - Linus

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123