Buy Tobacco Leaf Online | Whole Leaf Tobacco

Homedistiller.org

Status
Not open for further replies.

FmGrowit

Head Honcho
Staff member
I've noticed some new traffic coming from www.HomeDistiller.org

Thank you to whoever it was that mentioned the whole leaf site on that site. Plugging (promoting) the both FTT and WLT is the best way to maintain the forum. The forum survive almost solely on the success of the whole leaf site.

Whenever anyone posts a link to the whole leaf site on another site, send me a PM with a link to the post and I'll send you a little gift of some sort. Your help in promoting the site is very much appreciated.

Don

rustycase

Homedistiller.org is an excellent site.
Some of those fellers really show their skills building them flutes! Boka Bob Reflux would be the way for me...
I have not yet assembled my collection of components, but one day they will come to gather me up, testing my home-made fuel, smoking a stogie, settin' out in my baccy patch, amazed at how fast them suckers grow!
Such is life...
rc

webmost

By
supposably an american rite.
do you mean a ceremony or a prerogative?

I know of no such ceremony.

Our federal government has enforced sin taxes on spirits since inception. Read up on the Whiskey Rebellion in George Washington's tenure. So, no, our government has never acknowledged a right of its subjects to distill untaxed spirits.

I live in the only state in the union where it's even illegal to brew beer.

webmost

Well, then, I was misinformed. They overhauled liquor laws about ten years ago. Before that, liquor stores couldn't be open on Sundays, couldn't sell snacks, etc. You still can't buy beer in the grocery here.

Used to brew beer; but I don't drink enough any more to warrant all the work that goes into clean up.

Lakota

Founding Member
When I was a younger I really enjoyed a few cold ones, now I don't drink much at all. Two or three beer now and I have a hangover, just not worth the headache. Damn i hate getting older but considering the alternative I guess I will grow old and just enjoy it.

WooTeck

thought id drop by this thread an say hi. home distiller is a great sight with a good bunch of guys that focuses mainly on the safety and quality side of the hobby.

Ben Brand

I hope you guys do a better job than this woman in Mozambique, killed 29 people including herself with her homebrew!!!! Saw it on Skynews. The roporter said the people that investigated the deaths found some crocodile bile in the beer. Iv'e drank some funny things in my life, but croc bile???? Enjoy your homebrew.
Ben

bonehead

I hope you guys do a better job than this woman in Mozambique, killed 29 people including herself with her homebrew!!!! Saw it on Skynews. The roporter said the people that investigated the deaths found some crocodile bile in the beer. Iv'e drank some funny things in my life, but croc bile???? Enjoy your homebrew.
Ben
it is kind of like canning meat and vegetables in a way, if you don't follow the directions you could have problems. it is easy and safe if you follow a few simple rules.

LeftyRighty

Founding Member
What do you guys distill? Whiskey, Bourbon, Vodka?
Most of you make your own stills?

don't answer that ! Y'all know the ATF is monitoring this.

While it's is acceptable to distill spirits (with a proper ATF permit) for use as as fuel or some other odd uses, distililing for consumption is illlegal as 'ell in the USA.

ChinaVoodoo

don't answer that ! Y'all know the ATF is monitoring this.

While it's is acceptable to distill spirits (with a proper ATF permit) for use as as fuel or some other odd uses, distililing for consumption is illlegal as 'ell in the USA.

Good thing I'm in Canada! Not that it's legal here. Just, not as illegal. So long as you aren't selling and nobody gets hurt, they don't really get concerned.

dondford

+1 "While it's is acceptable to distill spirits (with a proper ATF permit) for use as as fuel or some other odd uses, distilling for consumption is illegal as 'ell in the USA."

Actually, they call themselves the TBB nowadays, but the post is correct. A word of caution guys. Contrary to what many believe, In the US it is against federal law to distill alcohol for consumption, regardless of how much you make, even if it's for your own use or if you sell it or not. Period. It is possible to get a fuel permit, but the red tape is horrible plus it is not feasible for an individual to do so on a small scale and the TBB knows this. Even if you manage to get a fuel permit, the local TBB agent will become your new best friend. The State laws are a real mishmash, it is illegal in all States to make whiskey without a local, State and Federal license, but some States allow you to own a still (as long as you don't use it) other States (including mine) make it illegal to merely having a still whether you use it or not. There are an estimated +250,000 home distillers in the US, up to this point, the TBB, knowing that the vast majority will not sell and only produce for their own use, have assigned a low priority to Home Distillers and have chosen to focus on more important things, like terrorist who want to blow the world up. THIS CAN CHANGE OVERNIGHT. The most concerning thing to the Home Distilling community the TBB has done recently is to require the companies in the US that sell distilling equipment to release their customer records to them. Last year the TBB sent over 100K letters to these customers saying in effect "We know you have a still, better not use it" Most think this was done in response to the bull shit TV show Moonshiners, almost all in the home distilling community believe this show is a total chock and think the events and methods portrayed are inaccurate and dangerous. Most refuse to watch the show, but the TBB saw a real up-swing in the interest in illegal distilling since the show aired. The letter's being sent out is bad enough, but the state of Florida actually partnered with the TBB and paid visits to these customers; as far as I know Florida is the only state to do so. I have it on good authority that 98% of serious home distillers that take great pains to safely make a good product, often better that they can buy and would never sell what they make. But I have said all that to say this: If you have an interest in home distilling, do not do it. If you feel you must, be very very careful! Do not buy a still from a commercial company selling these stills (unless you want the TBB to know who and where you are) If you must do, join the Home Distilling Forum and real all of the safety information; have an realistic expectation of the rewards, but also have an realist expectation of the possible risks. The mantra is "Do Not Sell and Do Not Tell

moscca

Mostly rum here in Honduras.

attachment.php

Attachments

• IMG_0993.JPG
    IMG_0993.JPG
    45.1 KB · Views: 9
  • IMG_0993.JPG
    IMG_0993.JPG
    90.8 KB · Views: 53

WooTeck

+1 "dont tell dont sell" is the motto.

if you do have an interest head over and read EVERYTHING. they are a good bunch of folk but you are expected to read the basics, the rules we live by, the new distillers reading lounge and finally the parent sight. lot of information to pick up and from there. its an interesting hobby as long as you go about it in a safe manner.

and of coarse NEVER consume anything you produce. just use it to learn. :rolleyes:

Status
Not open for further replies.