Buy Tobacco Leaf Online | Whole Leaf Tobacco

Worm Bins

Status
Not open for further replies.

BarG

Founding Member
Believe it or not I've researched starting redworm farms on several ocassions but have never comitted, mainlly for free fishing worms. If you container grow it would make a great source of natural grow dirt to suppliment large containers.

Daniel

Banned
A worm bin is now actually on my written list of things to get done. I think I am going to go with the plastic totes for now just to get started. as I get a handle on caring for them I will look toward a bigger bin made of wood. I am looking for sources of food stuffs as well since my family will not be able to produce enough scraps to keep many worms fed. I already have a compost pile going and will most likely pass as much of that through the bin as I can. I also have a heated shop so I may keep them indoors through the winter so they keep working.

Now I just need to get the worms. Do you have any good sources for them. I searched the net and the first thing that comes up is Uncle Jim's worm farm. I kwo there is some issue in getting the correct worms so I just want to make sure I am getting the right ones.

Status
Not open for further replies.