Buy Tobacco Leaf Online | Whole Leaf Tobacco

Ratios for filler/binder/wrapper

Status
Not open for further replies.

CORoller55

Hi all, Im new to the forum (Nice to meet you all!)

I have a fairly novice question... well, 2 actually.

First, Im looking to buy some leaf for my first time to roll some cigars. Im looking to roll something similar in flavor to the Padron Maduro line, specifically the Padron Maduro 3000. Im looking at buying these leaves:

CT 1 DW Maduro Wrapper
Nicaraguan Binder
Nicaraguan Seco, Viso, Ligero

Would this combination result in something similar to the cigar listed above? If not, could you recommend another leaf/combo?

Secondly, I do not know how much filler/binder/wrapper I should buy to result in the least amount of excess. Obviously, Im looking for "guesstimates" - I just dont want to end up with lots of left over filler, and no wrapper or vice versa.

So, what ratio would you recommend (looking at rolling something 5-6 inches, 50-52 gauge, double binder)? 1/2/2 filler/binder/wrapper for example?

Thanks for your time and input, and forgive me if this question has been posted before.

Regards,

Lucas

Smokin Harley

welcome , go to WLT and buy one of their cigar "kits" I just finished rolling my first kit of Sobroso Medio , nice medium blend (1 part each of the two fillers provided , add a double dominican binder and wrap with the Habano 2000) , play with the amounts any way you want or roll a puro. Nothing is written in stone and a commercial flavor you're after isnt going to be found easily. When you roll your blend , be patient with it,roll just one or two ,let it sit a few weeks before smoking . I mean you could smoke it right away but you miss the chance of the blend to marry to achieve the flavor. Good luck. Have fun

Gdaddy

How Padron processes their cigar tobacco is a a family secret. In fact, all the top cigar blenders/growers have their own secrets and they won't share them. This doesn't mean you can't produce a good cigar but the odds of you nailing a Padron may be difficult. It's sure fun trying!

Knucklehead

Founding Member
Two Nicaraguan Seco leaves, one half to one Nicaraguan Viso leaf, Maduro binder and wrapper. This comes very close to Padron. I get my leaf at www.wholeleaftobacco.com and have been very pleased with the leaf, the packaging, and the service. FmGrowit owns this forum as well as the whole leaf site.

CORoller55

Thanks everyone for the replies regarding blends!

I contacted WLT and they said they could not ship to me (I am living/working abroad) so I will be ordering from LO.

Anyone got suggestions for the ratio of filler/binder/wrapper to purchase?

MarcL

attachment.php

Attachments

• Pct75.jpg
    Pct75.jpg
    51.3 KB · Views: 177

DGBAMA

Thanks everyone for the replies regarding blends!

I contacted WLT and they said they could not ship to me (I am living/working abroad) so I will be ordering from LO.

Anyone got suggestions for the ratio of filler/binder/wrapper to purchase?

WLT has an approximate leaves per pound listed for most types. A nice medium sized cigar for me is about 3 leaves filler. Binder, half leaf (2 halves for double binder). Half leaf for a wrapper. Look at the types you want to buy and this should give you a close estimate of what to order.

CORoller55

Thanks for all the help, guys.

So Ive ordered 1 lb CT 1 DW Maduro Wrapper, 1 lb Nicaraguan Binder, .66lb each of Nicaraguan Seco, Viso, Ligero... Anybody got some good blends that youve rolled using these leaves I could try out?

Once I get my first few uglies rolled Ill post them up here for everybody to criticize!

Regards!

ArizonaDave

Two Nicaraguan Seco leaves, one half to one Nicaraguan Viso leaf, Maduro binder and wrapper. This comes very close to Padron. I get my leaf at www.wholeleaftobacco.com and have been very pleased with the leaf, the packaging, and the service. FmGrowit owns this forum as well as the whole leaf site.

You just answered a question I forgot to ask! I was on to the Nic. Seco and Viso, but that's about as close as I came. Thanks!

Status
Not open for further replies.