Buy Tobacco Leaf Online | Whole Leaf Tobacco

Aleman tobacco

Status
Not open for further replies.

dondford

I have seen Aleman tobacco mentioned several times in posts discussing blends and other post. WLT does not offer Aleman tobacco and I find an Aleman Tobacco Company but cannot find a web site. Is Aleman commonly used in cigars and where can you find it.
Thanks,
Don

Matty

As far as I know the Aleman leaf from WLT is no longer available. The company that produced the leaf no longer exists from what I've heard. I have some of my own Aleman leaf and am quite conservative when I want to use it, that is if I decide to use it at all because it is just that special. Same as the Flojo. Something else will most likely come along at WLT to take its place.

Cigar

I know a few people here who swear by the Aleman..one almost cries when talking about the leaf! I missed the boat on the Aleman and Flojo, was all gone timed I joined here..but I already feel same way about the Crillo 98 to me..it goes will just about every thing I blend would be upset if it goes away so I can related how they miss the Aleman.

Cigar

Planter

I´ve seen a few cigars with "Aleman Ligero" filler.

Since WLTs was grown in Germany and warehoused in the DR (http://fairtradetobacco.com/threads/3247-Aleman-tobaccos-have-been-listed/page2) I suspect it was a variety like Badischer Geudertheimer, Pereg or Korso (Rot Front).

If you grow one of these varieties (they are quite easy going) and give it a "tropical" fermentation you will probably come close.

Old#12

I bought a pound of the Aleman Oscuro Banda early this year and started off using it as a binder with a corojo wrapper. I used Dom seco to tame it down a bit. It was a little harsh for me...but wait a few months later it got ridiculously good. It is now a prized possession and I have been real stingy about using it. As a wrapper for me it is even better. I love this tobacco and wish it was still available. It reminds me of Quesada's Heisenberg

ArizonaDave

I know a few people here who swear by the Aleman..one almost cries when talking about the leaf! I missed the boat on the Aleman and Flojo, was all gone timed I joined here..but I already feel same way about the Crillo 98 to me..it goes will just about every thing I blend would be upset if it goes away so I can related how they miss the Aleman.

Cigar

It was in your Christmas leaf package you posted. Just growing the leaf alone won't give it the taste, since it was aged 9 years. It might be possible with the likes of Bob's cozy can curing method though.

ArizonaDave

I´ve seen a few cigars with "Aleman Ligero" filler.

Since WLTs was grown in Germany and warehoused in the DR (http://fairtradetobacco.com/threads/3247-Aleman-tobaccos-have-been-listed/page2) I suspect it was a variety like Badischer Geudertheimer, Pereg or Korso (Rot Front).

If you grow one of these varieties (they are quite easy going) and give it a "tropical" fermentation you will probably come close.

I don't have time to look into this until after the holidays, but it would work well in an Arizona winter grow for sure. The Aleman Seco/banda was has a little spice to it, chocolate, and some leaves were quite dark, some jet black. Most were brown. I still have some, but very little.

Cigar

Those some nice looking/smelling leaf[Aleman] you sent ArizonaDave..I just rolled few with it last night..some using Aleman as wrapper..others as binder.after little while resting cant wait to smoke and try-out.

Cigar

Ben Brand

Please stop talking about all these nice tobaccos! I drives me crazy, only hearing creamy this, chocolate that,and I won't be able to enjoy it as well! Now the million dollar question has anybody got some seeds for Aleman and Corojo?
Ben

dondford

Scored a lb of Aleman from a forum member kind enough to part with it; I worked with it today and looks like I will use half as binder and the rest as filler, only a very few wrappers in this batch. I'm looking forward to firing one up.

D

ArizonaDave

Those some nice looking/smelling leaf[Aleman] you sent ArizonaDave..I just rolled few with it last night..some using Aleman as wrapper..others as binder.after little while resting cant wait to smoke and try-out.

Cigar
Good! What was your combo? I might be able to help you out with a blend if you want?

ArizonaDave

Scored a lb of Aleman from a forum member kind enough to part with it; I worked with it today and looks like I will use half as binder and the rest as filler, only a very few wrappers in this batch. I'm looking forward to firing one up.

D

I even patched a few holes in this batch just to get more wrappers. Just cut a square or rectangle and put over affected area on the back side with glue.

webmost

I even patched a few holes in this batch just to get more wrappers. Just cut a square or rectangle and put over affected area on the back side with glue.
Won't that give you a funny burn when the ember reaches that patch?

Status
Not open for further replies.