Attachments

• rolling-table.jpg
    rolling-table.jpg
    74.7 KB · Views: 383

Ben Brand

Ben:
I like those molds.

D

Don I've got the molds from my brother in law before he sold his cigar bussiness, I could have got more, and now I can kick my own butt that I didn't. Got a Corona, petit Corona and 2 Figurados that I don't realy use just because I can't wrap them nicely. Will try again soon, got no tobacco left.

LewZephyr

@MarcL That's a nice setup.

Wish I had the space to do a perm setup like that.
Garage environment is too unregulated(Hot, Cold, Humidity), and no space in the house. (I can use dining room table or coffee table, but only for a couple of hours)

Oh well, one day maybe... got a kid heading to college next year so Ill keep my fingers crossed.

First Warrior

I guess this is the place to show my set up. I have only been rolling for a couple of months and i have found rolling my own cigars a whole lot of fun. The tools are a regular chaveta, a pizza cutter, a piece of galvanized pipe that is sharpened on both ends for a cap cutter and a hard rubber roller that is usually used for silk screening. The small roller I have found is just the thing for going over a cut and trimmed wrapper to flatten any existing veins. For me it is easier to use than a big rolling pin. I prep and bunch and cut my caps on wood and wrap on sticky stone.View attachment 17232

Smokin Harley

well now, looks like I have to post up my rolling station,which is just the cluttered end of my portable industrial sewing machine table . I have great plans of actually constructing a nice rolling table much like WLT sells . Because as nice as those are ,even if I could afford to pay $3000 for one , I'd rather build my own anyway because thats just how i'm wired. I'm getting a drawing in my head to put on paper for dimensions and proportions. Do I just go simple and build a flat spot to roll on or go with spanish cedar veneer lined drawers and such?

charlie G.

As a bachelor I have my rolling station in a corner of my living room. The first floor is my man cave. Next to the rolling station in my fly tying station.

PB141773_zpsvhi6gu2w.jpg

Smokin Harley

20151114_122510.jpg
That stick on the board I just finished
1/4 dom ligero
1/2 mata fina
1/2 san Vicente seco
1 criollo98 viso
1 piloto Cuban viso
Dbl dom binder
Corojo wrapper

Smokin Harley

trying to figure out why all the photos I post lately are turning sideways once they get on the page. they're upright in my file.

charlie G.

I know who to turn to for some answers now Warrior.
I tie saltwater flies and haven't stepped foot in any sweetwater for years, but it will always be my first love.

First Warrior

My rolling station is on the end of a large work bench in my studio. I built the building by myself in 1982-1984. I turned wood for many years but now I work in sculpture, mostly wood. I'm lucky cause i have a place to smoke inside in the winter. I store my leaves in two coolers, one for filler and one for binders and wrappers and use crystal type kitty litter for humidification. I have high ceilings so there is room to hang my fishing kayak. Webmost spent the night upstairs in my studio a few months ago. i think he turned some squirrels loose up there cause I heard them crawling around tonight.

Status
Not open for further replies.