Buy Tobacco Leaf Online | Whole Leaf Tobacco

Very strange Habano2000 plants

Status
Not open for further replies.

Knucklehead

Founding Member
I have purchased several different varieties from Northwoods. Our member Skychaser owns the business and supplies most of the retailers such as Sustainable Seed, The Tobacco Seed, etc. He sends his seed out to a lab for germination testing. Great guy, great seed. I planted 15 cigar varieties in the shade my first year (not shade cloth, full shade from trees, newbie goof) none of the 15 varieties got over 2-3 ft tall, including the Habano 2000. I haven't planted any Habano 2000 since then, but Sky seems to have good luck with it.

chillardbee

Chilliwack BC, Canada (south western Canada)
May ask you guys were got/bought your Hab2000 seeds from..like said before I grew them 2-years in row with no problems?

Cigar

I got mine from a member on this sight. Hasse SWE. He might of gotten it from another member too.

Obviously there's something to this baccy variety. I won't get rid of it becuase it is unique in the way it grows. it's hard to say weather this is the true strian or not.

ArizonaDave

I'd give it a try for a couple of reasons. Got mine from Cigar, and never had a problem from his seeds. For whatever the reason, I don't think it's the same as the one you tried. Not sure why. The other reason, I haven't tried this strain yet.

Cigar

I got my from member from other site [dont know if can mention here] about 3-years ago,also at same time several others like the Crillo98 and again I say grew all them two years in row and never had any issues with the Hab2000 or any others?? I idi not grow anything this year due to sickness..and most likely not this coming year also.thats why been giving away seeds so others can try out. thats why have to buy all leaf from now on. Iwill still grow maybe 10-20 plants just for fun.

Cigar

ArizonaDave

Here's the culprits, as you can see still about ankle high, I'll just keep pn breaking the buds out, maybe I'll get a few filler leaves.

What's the temperature like where you're at right now? I'm wondering if there's a contributing environmental factor? Dude, if you let one plant bloom, I'm sure there's some people (like me) that would be interested in the seeds?

Ben Brand

Ad
Very hot at the moment, ave 35 Deg C I don't think its the heat, all the other varieties are doing well. The Dom Olor are growing like mad. Will leave a few buds for seed, and your wellcome to them, I won't grow H2000 again.

Ben Brand

Habano2000.jpg Just got this picture from the web ( some would know it) it looks like H2000 is a bad boy concerning suckers, if I look at the photo. Did anyone else have the same problems with excessive suckers. Vuelta Abajo for me is another one, forever breaking suckers!!!

ArizonaDave

Just got this picture from the web ( some would know it) it looks like H2000 is a bad boy concerning suckers, if I look at the photo. Did anyone else have the same problems with excessive suckers. Vuelta Abajo for me is another one, forever breaking suckers!!!

I'm just curious, what type of African seed do you grow?

Status
Not open for further replies.