Buy Tobacco Leaf Online | Whole Leaf Tobacco

Fertilizers and how they effect tobacco

Status
Not open for further replies.

USHOG

I have noticed that higher N creates more nicotine if added after topped in my garden but the leaf is much harder to color cure. I did an experiment to see if the cure could be improved on. I grew 32 tobacco plants in an ebb and flo aquaponics system. I allowed the plants high nitrogen up to 5 days until harvest then I flushed for the last 5 days and the leaf cured very easily and the nicotine level was off the charts. The taste was very different than I was used to with the same leaf I grew in the garden. Not saying better just very different tastes and smells. It almost makes me want to grow all of the strains I know to see what changes can be found. I also did a 30 day fermentation on half of the leaf and left the other half alone. Both where very similar not much change other than color and they tasted almost the same even though one was fermented and the other had not

I also noticed that the suckers went into overdrive with the high nitrogen levels. Some suckers would grow 7+ inches in a day
The strain was madole but I assume this would carry over to other strains.

So I guess my question is what have you found that changed the tastes, curing, and growing habit of the tobacco plant

Status
Not open for further replies.