Buy Tobacco Leaf Online | Whole Leaf Tobacco

Greetings, y'all

Status
Not open for further replies.

Jitterbugdude

Founding Member
I just hung about 50 leaves on my stringing horse and left them in the sun for a few weeks. Tastes exactly like flue cured but just a little more mild. I'm going to build a large frame this year so I can cure about 40 plants at a time.

Cigar

Hey Jitterbugdude. how did you get them to 'color cure' in hot summer sun without drying green or toasting them?..were they in "direct sun" or part sun?

Cigar

Knucklehead

Founding Member
Hey Jitterbugdude. how did you get them to 'color cure' in hot summer sun without drying green or toasting them?..were they in "direct sun" or part sun?

Cigar

I hung mine in the shop until most of them had started headed toward yellow (some green still left). Then I moved them to full sun. They cured fine from there. I strung mine back to back on some modified coat hangers. Pretty tight stringing.

ProfessorPangloss

Amateur Kentuckian
Can I do my eventual catterton that way and get a good result? I think flue curing is a little beyond my ken as a n00b. "A man's gotta know his limitations."

ArizonaDave

1 plant equals about 8/10ths to just under/over a pound per plant, IF you're successful during germination. It takes a little practice. Once you get it though, you'll have it down pat. Variety is better, and stalk cure or air cure is best the 1st year.

Jitterbugdude

Founding Member

Same as knucklehead.. I initially hung them in my barn for about a week until they were mostly yellow, then stung them out in the sun. They were in direct, full sun.

Status
Not open for further replies.