Buy Tobacco Leaf Online | Whole Leaf Tobacco

Dark Fire Wrapper

Status
Not open for further replies.

BarG

Founding Member
Nope, just saw dust, but it isn't the same kind of saw dust from a wood shop...it's the kind of saw dust from a sawyer...big chips of green wood, not really dust.

The combustion is kept in check by starving the fire of oxygen. The art is to keep the fire at the right temperature. Too cold and the smoke don't stick, too hot and the barn burns down.
Really, You wouldn't chip me would you!:cool:

HIM

What kind of blends are people wrapping with this stuff? The leaf looks so good Im having trouble convincing myself to use it as filler lol. I was thinking of wrapping a bunch of petite coronas with it to try and get the most out of it.

charlie G.

I've never seen or used the fire cured but would love to try it some day as a binder or wrapper. Sounds real interesting to me.

FmGrowit

Head Honcho
Staff member
What kind of blends are people wrapping with this stuff? The leaf looks so good Im having trouble convincing myself to use it as filler lol. I was thinking of wrapping a bunch of petite coronas with it to try and get the most out of it.

Drew Estates is using the KFC as a filler...
quote from Cigars International website...
Notes of oak, hickory, and maple-laced sweetness explode on the palate. These leaves are joined by Nicaraguan and Brazilian Mata Fina long-fillers along with an oily San Andres maduro wrapper."

ArizonaDave

Drew Estates is using the KFC as a filler...
quote from Cigars International website...
Notes of oak, hickory, and maple-laced sweetness explode on the palate. These leaves are joined by Nicaraguan and Brazilian Mata Fina long-fillers along with an oily San Andres maduro wrapper."

That's an easy blend to copy and make at home, and a lot less expensive than buying from Drew Estate.

San Andres Maduro Wrapper

Nic. Habano Seco Binder

Braz. Mata Fina

Kentucky Fire Cured

HIM

That's an easy blend to copy and make at home, and a lot less expensive than buying from Drew Estate.

San Andres Maduro Wrapper

Nic. Habano Seco Binder

Braz. Mata Fina

Kentucky Fire Cured

I'd have to sub the SA for PA Oscuro but I may give this a try.

ArizonaDave

The Fire Cured Wrapper is HUGE compared to most leaves, you could get probably get 7 to 10 Coronas on one half leaf. One leaf was so big, I got 3 Churchills out of a half leaf.

As a filler, just a little can go a long way, kind of like Liguero.

ChinaVoodoo

I'm still learning how to roll, and need to watch more videos. I have the dark fire wrapper. It's thick. I thought wrapper was generally not thick. So far my rolls have burned through the inside and the wrapper doesn't burn so well as a cigar. Ive had success with it as a Toscano type cheroot though. I suspect I'm either using too much and perhaps not stretching it enough. Is there specific advice for this wrapper over and above above regular wrapper?

MarcL

I'm still learning how to roll, and need to watch more videos. I have the dark fire wrapper. It's thick. I thought wrapper was generally not thick. So far my rolls have burned through the inside and the wrapper doesn't burn so well as a cigar. Ive had success with it as a Toscano type cheroot though. I suspect I'm either using too much and perhaps not stretching it enough. Is there specific advice for this wrapper over and above above regular wrapper?

A tighter wrapper will burn better. A thicker wrapper is going to want more time to absorb moister to be able to stretch tight then something thinner. ..some tips, let the bunch dry some before application to assist wicking moisture away from the wrapper. It should get more time before smoking.​

MarcL

It will depend on how moist it is. .. You will learn that in time.

Something in theory I carry into cigars is how when making a cigarette, I discovered that to get the results I wanted, I needed to have the tobacco to wet to smoke but wet enough to create a density or, displacement to burn nice when dried some.

Thicker tobaccos will burn slower. That is why we want to build from the center, out. ligero - thick, viso - thin, seco - thinner, volado - thinnest.

When we want to smoke fresh or, early smokes, I think they need to have a different mind set. The thing is, we need to have supple leaf to handle it without breaking it to some degree. And the fillers will need to be drier and looser.

charlie G.

I just got a leaf or two of this dark Fire and wrapping up a few test cigars with it as filler to see how it is. I will say the aroma makes my mouth water.
I'm now craving a rack of ribs.

Status
Not open for further replies.