Buy Tobacco Leaf Online | Whole Leaf Tobacco

Tour of Rocky Patel cigars

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ben Brand

Don't know if Iv'e done this right, copied and pasted the link, but it doesn't look right.
This is the whole process from seedlings to end product. And whao what a process! What I find interesting is the curing, actualy all is interesting Glad I do this as a hobby. Enjoy, he does go on a bit.

Last edited by a moderator:

Gdaddy

Interesting video. I always wondered what is the goop they are putting on the leaves at 21:39. Lots and lots of spraying and solutions.

Ben Brand

What I find interesting is the way they're always flattening the leaves, before they're tying it into hands for fermenting, even at reaping all the leaves are kept flat. That must be why in the rolling videos the tobacco are allways flat. Mmmm makes me think, maybe I must not be doing stalk curing. String or talita clips.

AmaxB

I've watched a lot of videos & this one is a ten. Lots of good useful information for those interested in making their own smoke.
Thank You for posting it..
edit:
I've saved the youtube link to my tobacco info vault.

deluxestogie

Administrator
Staff member
Nice video. It does clarify the method of box-pressing, to get a square cross-section. I assume that the bottom of one tray serves as the top of the tray beneath it in the press. I was not aware that a loose, cedar divider was placed between each cigar.

Bob

dondford

Very interesting video; I noted his cigars are Lieberman bunched; I had never see the draw test before. I wonder if this is common among premium cigars? Makes me want to go out and buy a box.....almost.

D

Smokin Harley

Excellent video . You can just hear and feel the passion Rocky has about his cigars. Nothing goes into a box unless it passes his stringent standard...only 45% get into a box...wow , I'd take his 55% rejects any time. and I really like box pressed cigars .

Raodwarior

Couple notes here... Rocky is a Hollywood entertainment lawyer not a cigar guy, he bought in during the boom to make a buck and still has more new cigars out a month than anyone else in the industry. That video was shot in someone else's factory as Rocky ion started his own with a few rollers in the last 8 month. I give Rocky credit for his business prowess however.

Cigar

I have noticed that Rocky has many people who "dis-like" him...makes me wonder how many "toes" did he step on in the cigar business haha.

Raodwarior

Don't think it was so much the toes, but as a retailer I can tell you that after the first 8 moths to a year after a cigar came out with high ratings it no longer tasted the same, he would bounce factories a lot. Sometimes his fault probably sometimes not. But if it weren't for Rocky we wouldn't have AJ Fernandez, Don Pepin and a few others that grew by rolling his stuff.

HIM

Ive found his cigars to be pretty mediocre but I know a lot of people like them. Cool video though I always enjoy watching the journey tobacco takes to becoming a fine cigar.

Brown Thumb

He really sells it doesn't he you can tell he believes in his products,makes me want to try some
I agree, I watched the vid. Awesome job he did, I liked it also.
But it was too good I Thought.
Lawyer, Smooth Talker.
But them cigars look yummy.

deluxestogie

Administrator
Staff member
Ah yes. Orson Welles used to do TV ads for a cheap, bulk brand of wine. He made it sound truly wondrous.

orson.jpg

Bob

LewZephyr

Ah yes. Orson Welles used to do TV ads for a cheap, bulk brand of wine. He made it sound truly wondrous.

orson.jpg

Bob

Oh wow, thanks for taking me back in time.

On the RP cigars. I enjoyed the video, and have enjoyed the edge line of his cigars, but not much beyond that.

Status
Not open for further replies.