Buy Tobacco Leaf Online | Whole Leaf Tobacco

Tale of three Ligeros...

Status
Not open for further replies.

LewZephyr

Gdaddy you may want to try a Sumatra binder with that mix of ligeros..The Sumatra burns great and is mild also. I really miss that stuff, maybe WLT will re-stock soon.

Cigar

I believe the Sumatra is in motion. I have an order on hold awaiting its arrival.

Cigar

Looks like the Sumatra Binder is back in stock..very glad of that also the Corojo wrapper.Ive had my eye on that one for awhile now.

Cigar

Gdaddy

Looks like the Sumatra Binder is back in stock..very glad of that also the Corojo wrapper.Ive had my eye on that one for awhile now.

Cigar

The dark, reddish color of the Corojo wrapper is very unusual and one of the prettiest wraps I've seen. Sets it apart from the plain old dark brown maduro wrapper.

Cigar

I have always been sucker for the "reddish color" of any wrapper..I love the so-called "sungrown wrapper" cigars always.. not to say others are not good.

Cigar

webmost

The dark, reddish color of the Corojo wrapper is very unusual and one of the prettiest wraps I've seen. Sets it apart from the plain old dark brown maduro wrapper.

Is the corojo wrapper as elastic as the habano?

Gdaddy

Is the corojo wrapper as elastic as the habano?

I never used the Habano 2000 wrapper so I can't compare. However, I like the elasticity just fine and it rolls very nicely and finishes well with minimal veins. It's much darker than what the picture shows. More like a maduro but red toned. As I said it produces really unique, good looking cigar. My favorite wrapper of all that I've tried.

Cigar

Yes I agree the Hab2000 has been best elasticity [hate big words] and great taste from WLT so-far I tried

Cigar

Gdaddy

Not so much but, the thinner Corojo leaves stretch easier. the Corojo likes more time to absorb its moisture.

I spray it down and place it in a bag over night. Pretty workable the next day.

I'd make a correction and say the Corojo has medium veins but when cutting the filet use the top section of leaf where the veins are lighter. After rolling I do place them back in the mold for a few hours and press them. They come out nice.

I just rolled two and will post a picture. They need to dry out for a day for the color to be true.

Status
Not open for further replies.