Buy Tobacco Leaf Online | Whole Leaf Tobacco

Belated Season's Greetings From Tucson, AZ

Status
Not open for further replies.

TusTom

Welcome to FTT, Tom. What Jitterbugdude says about the pasta maker is right, getting used to it takes time but it works reasonably if you're not planning to shred too much tobacco at a time.
Thank you both Jitterbug and Istanbul. I noticed while de-ribbing the leaves that they are not all at the same case. I thought everything would have equalized to the same case while in the same bag but evidently not.
You all have given me some food for thought and maybe without sacrificing any tobacco leaf, I could case some leaves from the backyard and run them through the pasta machine first. We don't have a tree in our backyard but we seem to receive all of our neighbors leaves! I highly doubt that I'm the first person to ever have an issue with the neighbors leaves blowing into their yard but this will give me a chance to experiment with leaf humidity.
I realize that this sounds pretty out of the ordinary but anyone have any thoughts about this? I'm thinking it might give me chance to "feel" the correct casement and to see how the leaf shreds. Yeah, tree leaves aren't tobacco leaves but wondering if it's worth a try.

DGBAMA

Skip it, IMHO. The elasticity of tobacco leaf is unlike anything likely to blow into your yard from a tree. No meaningful comparison can be drawn.

Try a couple.... If things feel "gummy" it is too damp; if you get dusty, too dry. There is a learning curve.

TusTom

Skip it, IMHO. The elasticity of tobacco leaf is unlike anything likely to blow into your yard from a tree. No meaningful comparison can be drawn.

Try a couple.... If things feel "gummy" it is too damp; if you get dusty, too dry. There is a learning curve.

Thanks DG. I still have this feeling you're after my left-over "cleaning solution" when I get started to shred!
I'll see how things go and will let you all know how it goes.
I so appreciate everyone's welcome and help here.

TusTom

Greetings again all!
I realize it's been several months since I've last posted but I really enjoy making my own smokes. Boy, it sure takes some time to learn how to process/case/inject, etc. Many thanks to you all who've posted here to assist MYO smokers such as myself to educate us noobs on how the whole process functions.
Other than masturbation, I can't think of anything more satisfying than you can do by yourself and enjoy so much!
It took my wife 3 days to get used to smoking our MYO sticks and now she can't stand her former commercial sticks. My smoke consumption has declined as I'm now down from 1.5 packs a day to around 1. I have no desire to "need" a smoke every 20 minutes or so. If I may mention, I now feel free from the B.S. additives that seems to be in commercial smokes. We've run short on shred on occasion and had to resort to commercial cigs. What a difference that is. Commercial smoke=7 minutes vs. MYO smoke=15 minutes. I find it so comforting now when I go outside for a smoke and one of my smoking coworkers joins me. We both light-up at the same time and by the time they burn their stick, I've still got at least a third of mine left if not one half left!

I have a lot of admiration to you all who've been processing their whole leaf throughout the years. I even have more admiration for those who grow, cure, and process their own. I salute you all!

Ordered a PowerMatic Shredder last week and it arrived just in time last evening. Wow! It sure beats cranking leaves through a pasta maker! As others have posted, I should have forgone the pasta maker and bought the electric shredder to begin with. As a newcomer to this, I didn't want to invest a lot of money into some new adventure that I wasn't too comfortable with. Now that my wife and I are comfortable with the routine of stripping, shredding, and loading our own smokes, I believe this is the best move we've ever made. I'm pretty sure that we're saving at least $350.00 per month making our own smokes versus buying them at the BX/Commissary.

As I never have met any of you all and without this forum, I'd be pretty much lost. Thank you all for your contributions and comments.

I'm most grateful for what I've learned so far and willing to learn more.

Tom

DGBAMA

Goods to see you back Tom.

Getting comfortable with the process and realizing that a good cigarette dies not have to be a certain brand are the hardest part.

Making your own allows for endless variation in blending if you choose to persue "your perfect smoke".

Status
Not open for further replies.