Buy Tobacco Leaf Online | Whole Leaf Tobacco

Perfecto Wrapping

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ben Brand

Its official, I'm done trying to wrap a perfecto. Took me all morning to try and wrap 20 perfectos, what a mess. Tried to cut the wrappers in S shapes, tried all the letters of the alphabet, but still don't come out right. Smokable but not pretty.IMG-20141227-00091.jpg the best of the lot.

webmost

Wrapping really isn't hard at all. Getting the bunch right was the hard part for me. I still bunch them too tight in the tapered foot. The wrapper is no big deal. I spend more time trying to get my darn wrapper to lay flat on the board than anything else. The actual wrap once I get it flat takes about 30 seconds. Next time I am in South Africa, I'll drop by and show you.

I gotta make a vid. Have not had the spare time to scratch my nuts. Half my projects are hanging fire for lack of time.

Ben Brand

Don looking at some of them, they don't look to bad, but most of them look s... I've even tried to wrap them in 2 parts, and you say irs easy. Will be looking out for you, you will have to stay over a few days:cool: I'm a slow learner. No, seriously I struggled.

Smokin Harley

Its official, I'm done trying to wrap a perfecto. Took me all morning to try and wrap 20 perfectos, what a mess. Tried to cut the wrappers in S shapes, tried all the letters of the alphabet, but still don't come out right. Smokable but not pretty.
attachment.php
the best of the lot.

Ben , that perfecto looks as good or better than mine . Be proud of that one , if it smokes well then you have the construction right. whats a wrapper on a cigar anyway ....nothing but a dress on a woman(Tim Torres said that) .He smokes his own cigars in binder only so if a master roller can do it , its ok.

Ben Brand

Thanks Smokin, remember that's the best one. I had a few Com Spannish leaves left, now I'm all out of tobacco, better smoke these with care.
Ben

Smokin Harley

know whats even more frustrating than trying to get one just right? Getting that one just right then once you realize that you did ,and then you cant for the life of yourself remember what you did to make it so nice.

Ben Brand

know whats even more frustrating than trying to get one just right? Getting that one just right then once you realize that you did ,and then you cant for the life of yourself remember what you did to make it so nice.
Very frustrating.
Even if you remember what you did to the one that's not to bad, and do the same to the next one, the next one is a total mess!!!!

deluxestogie

Administrator
Staff member
Topological Thoughts on a Perfecto Foot

A paper, conical water cup as a stand-in for a perfecto foot, and its section of wrapper:

Garden20150122_1645_paperCone_400.jpg

Water cup with the tip cut off.

Garden20150122_1646_paperCone_opened_400.jpg

Similar water cup sliced open and laid flat.

Garden20150122_1647_paperCone_wrapping1_400.jpg

Initiate wrapping with the axis of the perfecto pointing toward you.

Garden20150122_1648_paperCone_wrapping2_400.jpg

The perfecto's axis naturally swings away from you as it rolls.

Garden20150122_1648_paperCone_wrapping3_400.jpg

With the conical cup resting flat against its "wrapper," its central axis is elevated to match the angle of the cup.

The flattened cup represents only the tapered foot portion of the wrapper, and would be the "J" shaped portion.

Bob

Ben Brand

Thanks for that Bob. When I can use my new tobacco I will give another go. Things always look easy on paper and in your head, but to get it to work in the practical world is not so easy. Its not the foot that looks bad, its the bit just after the foot that makes a crease!!

webmost

Bad analogy... cause it goes from cone to cylinder to cone again. That's the hard part... not the cone, but the transition.

Gdaddy

I struggled also. Found the best method was to get it started and then pick the cigar up off the table and put the wrapper on by hand. Also used thinner than normal width on the strip of wrapper. It's tricky.

charlie G.

I'm glad this thread is going cause I just rolled a perfecto and will being trying to put the wrapper on it tomorrow.
Getting the shape was a PIA also :( one end came out a little soft but it will smoke ok.

Knucklehead

Founding Member
I can understand the purpose of the torpedo shape, but what is the purpose of the two pointy ends on a perfecto?

webmost

I can understand the purpose of the torpedo shape, but what is the purpose of the two pointy ends on a perfecto?

It looks neat, but besides that...

A tapered foot lights up real easy... No, really, it's super convenient to spark

A tapered head directs the smoke where you point it. No,really, try it. You have different buds in different corners of your mouth.

The smoke explodes when it gets past the taper and hits the body. Flavor explosion. I love when I can get the middle all plump. More body.

Feels right in the hand.

And the number one reason............. You can blame it on the dog.

Cigar

I still think the 'perfecto' is just for show..would be fun to learn to roll..a regular cigar if rolled correct with good tobacco and burns good who cares what shape it is.

cigar

webmost

I still think the 'perfecto' is just for show..would be fun to learn to roll..a regular cigar if rolled correct with good tobacco and burns good who cares what shape it is.

cigar

Shape is important. Women, cars, you name it.

Cigar

Haha how did I know you would respond to this hehe..women mostly true.
attachment.php

Attachments

• Nice.jpg
    Nice.jpg
    58.9 KB · Views: 43

webmost

Well, duh. Obviously. We're not doing this just for utility. It's not a trench to bury a French drain. It's not a hatchet. It's not a sock. Though even with these, a nice straight trench of even depth, a gleaming edged hatchet with a gracefully curved handle, an Argyle sock, are all preferable to jagged, dull, and holey. No, no matter what you do, better looking is better.

Even more so here, where utility is not a factor.

I tell Bearswatter I married her for her gravy. She still makes grand gravy. But you wanna know the truth? Don't tell her, but back when she hooked me, there were some generous curves mostly factored into my thinking.

Gdaddy

I tell Bearswatter I married her for her gravy. She still makes grand gravy. But you wanna know the truth? Don't tell her, but back when she hooked me, there were some generous curves mostly factored into my thinking.

The little head tells the big head what to do. As GW Bush would say..."He's the decider".

Status
Not open for further replies.