Buy Tobacco Leaf Online | Whole Leaf Tobacco

browsing Pinterest ... typed in "growing tobacco" ...BOOM ! there it IS

Status
Not open for further replies.

jolly

Re: browsing etsy ... typed in "growing tobacco" ...BOOM ! there it IS

It's interesting that there are several posts about non-smokers growing and curing it for bartering in the event the economy crashes. I can understand wanting to be prepared for disasters and such, but that seems like a lot of effort that you'll likely never recoup.

The pics of KY tobacco barns bring back a lot of memories. I haven't been home in a while but I always loved seeing the fields and barns when I visited. Getting harder to find though... Lots of development.

BigBonner

Founding Member

It's interesting that there are several posts about non-smokers growing and curing it for bartering in the event the economy crashes. I can understand wanting to be prepared for disasters and such, but that seems like a lot of effort that you'll likely never recoup.

The pics of KY tobacco barns bring back a lot of memories. I haven't been home in a while but I always loved seeing the fields and barns when I visited. Getting harder to find though... Lots of development.

After the tobacco buyout , Ky tobacco farms declined by 72%

AmaxB

Looked at one of the preppers post there the man said you should check your state for a growing permit before growing tobacco xx*%^* now doesn't that suck eggs. Think I would just grow it and screw em...
Damn County come into my store some time ago and told me I could not smoke in it! I told them the property was mine if I want to smoke on it or in it I will, if a consumer doesn't like it they can shop else where, if you want to enforce it post a guard he can have a coffee and a smoke with me. Now you folks have a nice day and see your self out.

Hadn't seen or herd from em sense..

Smokin Harley

I noticed that too. I cant see anyone getting so interested and the labor of it when they wouldnt even really know what it is they are doing by lack of pure enjoyment of smoking the results. I guess if you had land and wanted to use it for something and liked to garden (retired person) . The way marijuana is going I think if any preppers want to plant a crop to barter with , itd be pot.

DGBAMA

In an end of days scenario, I will either be killed for the short term gain of my small stash or live very well, from my skill set. I figure I have learned to make gunpowder, alcohol, and tobacco, so I could be the new ATF.

AmaxB

In an end of days scenario, I will either be killed for the short term gain of my small stash or live very well, from my skill set. I figure I have learned to make gunpowder, alcohol, and tobacco, so I could be the new ATF.

Your a dangerous man

Status
Not open for further replies.