Buy Tobacco Leaf Online | Whole Leaf Tobacco

Need advice on maduro or oscuro wrapper

Status
Not open for further replies.

dondford

Need advice on a cost effective maduro, or better yet, an oscuro wrapper. By cost effective I mean one that doesn't break the bank but a good value for the money.

Smokin Harley

that ecuador maduro looks tasty ...I dont usually care for maduros but that one sounds like I may need to try some . IN FACT- I just had one of the sticks a member sent me in a package recently. it was a Camacho triple maduro and I was extremely surprised that I not only liked it , I smoked it all the way down to about a 3/4" stub ...can you say "burnt my mustache"?? Yeah , I guess I like certain maduros.

HIM

The PA Oscuro is some really good leaf that likely has the maduro flavors your looking for.

Raodwarior

Don't afraid of the San Andreas either, its a bit of work to case but well worth the effort.

HIM

Don't afraid of the San Andreas either, its a bit of work to case but well worth the effort.

While I'm really looking forward to eventually using some SA myself I'm not sure it fits into being the most "cost effective." I don't doubt its worth the coin just maybe not what the OP had in mind.

dondford

The PA Oscuro is some really good leaf that likely has the maduro flavors your looking for.

I see where FTT offers this in a binder grade but not wrapper grade. It does say "and many leaves will make wrapper grade." What is your excperience with this?

D

DIY Pete

I see where FTT offers this in a binder grade but not wrapper grade. It does say "and many leaves will make wrapper grade." What is your excperience with this?

D

I have some of this leaf and I have found that lots of it makes wrapper grade. I really like it as a binder when used with Connecticut shade as the wrapper.

Pete

HIM

It is binder leaf so obviously all of it isn't wrapper grade but its really nice leaf for the most part. I think its pretty easy to work with too.

charlie G.

I also have found PA Oscaro a very good wrapper. With a little rolling and trimming it makes a nice wrapper with a good taste. The smell & taste of the leaf is also great.

Birage

I also have found PA Oscaro a very good wrapper. With a little rolling and trimming it makes a nice wrapper with a good taste. The smell & taste of the leaf is also great.

I will second that. Don put in a sample of the Pa Oscuro and I didn't expect much, but to my surprise the leaves are big, in good shape, with a nice color and a wonderful aroma (I get a fruity, cocoa spice aroma) of the unlit dry leaf. I like them so much I have been using them as wrapper, in fact, I am taking bundle cigars that I bought and thought were so-so and wrapping them again with the Pa Oscuro. Transforms them into something much tastier! Probably going to order another couple pounds. Also experimented with doing a puro of all Pa Oscuro, just for the fun of it, and to my surprise again, they turned out real nice, not complex, but tasty. This is quality Pa tobacco!

deluxestogie

Administrator
Staff member
Hey, Birage. Welcome to the forum. Feel free to start a new thread in "Introduce Yourself." Bucks County and Upper Darby were former haunts.

Bob

charlie G.

Wow Bob never knew you had haunted Upper Darby. I live right on the border line of that town. But I bet you wouldn't recognize that town or area anymore. Alot has gone down hill.
Birage I have done the same with my PA scraps and rolled them in a double Piloto Seco binder and various wrappers and liked the two I smoked. It was the first scrap cigar I enjoyed.

Birage

Thanks Deluxestogie for the Welcome , I will have to go do that on the 'Introduce Yourself 'thread. I hail from the Berks County region, Lancaster County would be one of my haunts as well.....constantly trying to befriend a mentonite/Amish farmer who grows some mean Pa leaf for cigar!

Charlie G. - I have a big bag of mixed filler from all my cigar rolling which I just cannot waste, have gotten pretty good at rollin' mixed filler cigars, problem is, if it is a problem, is that you never know exactly what your smokin', but if all your tobacco is quality the final cigar usually turns out good.

Status
Not open for further replies.