Buy Tobacco Leaf Online | Whole Leaf Tobacco

Silk Leaf

Status
Not open for further replies.

DonH

Silk Leaf is also one of my favorites from 2014. It's really good unblended, because it tastes like it already has Turkish in it and has a bit of a throat hit like Burley. Well-balanced.

jolly

I'll have to give it another shot. I think the dashboard curing I did with it may have cooked the leaf -- and it is absolutely acrid to smoke. I think most of the folks here that have grown it have been happy with it. With what you're describing I think it would be awesome in a pipe!

DonH

Sounds like a winner. Is the throat hit harsh? How is the nic?
The throat hit isn't harsh, but it has a bit of a throat hit, just like the Red. Nicotine I would say is moderate to high, high meaning high for flue cured.

DonH

I'll have to give it another shot. I think the dashboard curing I did with it may have cooked the leaf -- and it is absolutely acrid to smoke. I think most of the folks here that have grown it have been happy with it. With what you're describing I think it would be awesome in a pipe!
It would be good in a pipe. I may try that tonight, but I need to clean all my pipes first.

Status
Not open for further replies.