Buy Tobacco Leaf Online | Whole Leaf Tobacco

Green and white mold

Status
Not open for further replies.

Pointyst1k

I just got my shipment in from whole leaf tobacco, and a lot of it is COVERED in green mold, there are also white mold circles throughout the batch.. But they don't concern me. I just picked up a pile of leaves and the back of my respiratory tracker seems irritated. Is this safe to smoke? The round white colony's seem to be, they were in my last batch, and this batch.
attachment.php

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    69.8 KB · Views: 99

Pointyst1k

I just got my shipment in from whole leaf tobacco, and a lot of it is COVERED in green mold, there are also white mold circles throughout the batch.. But they don't concern me. I just picked up a pile of leaves and the back of my respiratory tracker seems irritated. Is this safe to smoke? The round white colony's seem to be, they were in my last batch, and this batch.
attachment.php

Freeotatv

Try to rub it off...if nothing comes off...it may be that the leaf didnt color cure fully....

Pointyst1k

**** it, it's what I got, I'll just process it and..

i wanted this this to be legit, I really did. This amount of mold is very very hard to miss. I doubt I'll be back.

Jitterbugdude

Founding Member
Is it mold as in fuzzy stuff? It looks like a poor cure. It is not too uncommon to see green spots on flue cured leaf. If it is mold, all you have to do is contact Don (Fmgrowit). He is the owner of this site and of WLT. He will absolutely, positively make this right for you!

FmGrowit

Head Honcho
Staff member
It's almost impossible to get mold to grow on Flue Cured tobacco unless you over humidified it and let it sit in a warm place. I don't sell moldy tobacco.

You shouldn't jump to conclusions.

Brown Thumb

I just checked some of my stock from Don and mine looks the same.
It is not mold.
I pulled some of my Flue Cured bright leaf from this yrs. crop and was able to find the exact green also.
Not mold either. Pics enhance the look of it.
The first pic is of Dons lemon.
Second is my F/C Bright leaf.
attachment.php
attachment.php

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    124.7 KB · Views: 92
  • image.jpg
    image.jpg
    113 KB · Views: 90

Brown Thumb

Also the white Circles are Called Frog Eyes.
Freaked me out the first time I got Baccy also.
Frog Eyes = Good Baccy,
Enjoy,
BT

BigBonner

Founding Member
It is good , Most of the time it is from the racks that bunch the tobacco together when it is put in the flue curing barns .
That is normal for flue tobacco .

Freeotatv

Its a common error..given all the online content about mold on leaf etc....i have found that dark air may catch some white mold..if cased high ...given it is a thicker leaf ...if you catch streaks of white...if it is light...just wipe it off ...everything in the world has mold...its green and black mold to be wary of..may wana keep dark air in a light case during storage

Knucklehead

Founding Member
Some of the white spots are minerals leaching to the surface. It's normal and not a problem.

burge

I had some little white dots on miy red leaf virginia so I just froze it for a hour it came off but I don;t think it was mold it was little whie circles but I do not think its mold

Status
Not open for further replies.