Buy Tobacco Leaf Online | Whole Leaf Tobacco

Water Bong Tobacco Smoking

Status
Not open for further replies.

romanko

Am I the only one that smokes this way? I use a glass water bong with an ice catcher, so I can fill the column up with ice cubes. The smoke cools down considerably, almost to a vapor consistency.

As to my leaf, I grind up dry leaf to a fine flake consistency. My bowl fits about the equivalent of 1/3 to 1/2 a cigarette's worth of tobacco. Pack it as with a pipe.

I empty and rinse the pipe after each bowl, and soak overnight with warm soapy water.

I've found that smoking this way doesn't stink up the room like cigarettes can, maybe it's the burning paper that causes the smell, even my wife who is a non-smoker doesn't mind when I smoke in the house.

Labour intensive yes, but the nature of this method limits how much I smoke. Of course, I only smoke at home, couldn't exactly take my "bong" for smoke breaks at work. :)

Is this way a healthier method of smoking? I think so, the water and ice act as filters, but all the references on the web I've found claim the water doesn't filter tar, although it seems to buildup along the inside of the pipe over a few days.

deluxestogie

Administrator
Staff member
..all the references on the web I've found claim the water doesn't filter tar, although it seems to buildup along the inside of the pipe over a few days.
Most of the "information" you'll find on health aspects of smoking anything is swamped on the web by anti-tobacco propaganda, for which no tobacco use is any more or less safe than any other. If the discarded water has any odor or color, then it's trapping something from the smoke (which, of course, it does).

Bob

Jitterbugdude

Founding Member
If you smoke cigarettes the best way to do it would be with a water pipe because the water cools down the tobacco smoke tremendously. Cigars and Pipes you do not inhale (actually about 30% of people do inhale) so you are not subjecting your lungs to burning hot smoke. You can buy small water pipes on ebay pretty cheap. They look almost like a regular pipe... almost

I have bought a few for the wife. The only problem is you have to cut the filter off before inserting the cigarette into the holder. It's not really a problem though, I just snip the filters off as I roll.

http://www.ebay.com/itm/Water-Smoki...964?pt=LH_DefaultDomain_0&hash=item1c4c3c3714

DonH

If you smoke cigarettes the best way to do it would be with a water pipe because the water cools down the tobacco smoke tremendously. Cigars and Pipes you do not inhale (actually about 30% of people do inhale) so you are not subjecting your lungs to burning hot smoke. You can buy small water pipes on ebay pretty cheap. They look almost like a regular pipe... almost

I have bought a few for the wife. The only problem is you have to cut the filter off before inserting the cigarette into the holder. It's not really a problem though, I just snip the filters off as I roll.

http://www.ebay.com/itm/Water-Smoki...964?pt=LH_DefaultDomain_0&hash=item1c4c3c3714
That's a pretty nifty looking device. Never seen one of those before.

Jitterbugdude

Founding Member
They need cleaning every other day. The tar/gunk build up is incredible. You can also add a few drops of vanilla extract to the water to give your cig a real nice flavor.

norest

Hell yeah! I love my hoss beaker. crush that Ice and pack it In good. I am curious as to a vaporizer like the volcano. Anybody been down that road?

greenmonster714

I'd have to say if I had a bong...it wouldn't be used for tobacco..lol. Just sayin. However, after all the damage I did to my lungs smoking cigarettes I doubt I could clear a bong today. Not sayin I wouldn't try tho...lol.

ZigZagZeppelin

I'd have to say if I had a bong...it wouldn't be used for tobacco..lol. Just sayin. However, after all the damage I did to my lungs smoking cigarettes I doubt I could clear a bong today. Not sayin I wouldn't try tho...lol.

Agree, my bong days are over however, lol. My lungs probably couldn't tolerate that much of an inhale anymore, anyways.

Status
Not open for further replies.