Buy Tobacco Leaf Online | Whole Leaf Tobacco

Is It just me... NUB

Status
Not open for further replies.

dondford

but is this a silly cigar. A good friend (not a cigar guy) gifted me this and I appreciate it, but this thing is 4 inches long, 64 ring at the foot and sharp torp shape at the head. I'm not sure how to smoke this thing!

attachment.php

Attachments

• nub.jpg
    nub.jpg
    17.1 KB · Views: 61

Raodwarior

Re: Is It just me.......

That's a great little cigar there. Sam Leccia was the original blender of those before he and Olivia Cigar Company had a falling out. 64 is a bit big even for me but it is worth it to smoke, that's a great medium bodied cigar.

darren1979

First Time Grower

Lol your not silly, I thought the same thing not long ago about the nub cigars, what's the point.
the idea behind them is as it's short and fat it's meant to be a cool smoke, as I've never smoked one I couldn't tell you if it works or not.

USHOG

The nubs are good and the new infused nubs taste great says the wife. The café is her new favorite cigar. I took a puff off of one of the cafés and it actually tasted like coco and coffee. Great flavor just not my style

dondford

No doubt the blend is good, but, IMHO, 4.5-5.0" parejo in 54-60 ring would have made more sense to me.

Smokin Harley

Don, those are one of my most favorite brands of cigars .NUBS ,just a good tasting cigar from the get go, and dont let the short fat size fool you , thats an honest hour right there....and is that a Maduro or the Habano ? if you dont think you want it ...I'll take it !!

Only NUBS I dont care for is the Cameroon. something just kind of bitey that doesnt agree with me.

ChinaVoodoo

I shy away from cigars that use novelty to stand out. But that's just me. Technically though, because surface area has a linear relationship with diameter, and volume has a squared one, the larger the ring gauge, the lower the percentage of wrapper.

It really came to be shown, when a number of us noted that the Estilo de Cubano lancero was clearly the best tasting of their line, despite being the same blend.

Cigar

I was just giving one {nub cigar] few days ago from new friend .. myself never smoked one..well that will change tonight..;)

Cigar

Raodwarior

Still a nice cigar but I liked the blend better when Sammy was in charge of the brand.

Cigar

I think best Oliva cigar was the "V" series..Roadwarior wonder if Sammy was in charge of that one?

Raodwarior

Nope, not sure if he was a taster but he has said he had little to do with it, can't recall who Oliva Family's master blender was then. I will agree though with you that the V was and is their best so far.

Raodwarior

It was Gilberto Oliva working with Don Pepin, can't believe I had to think on that...lol

ArizonaDave

Nope, not sure if he was a taster but he has said he had little to do with it, can't recall who Oliva Family's master blender was then. I will agree though with you that the V was and is their best so far.

I agree, I still have a few. Just clip it on the torpedo end just a little, and that end goes in your mouth.

DIY Pete

I'm late to this thread but I don't enjoy smoking jaw breakers. My preferred RG is in the 38-52 range. That said I know lots of guys that like the larger RG cigars.

Pete

Cigar

Im with you DIY Pete around 42-48 RG myself..like the old working girl said "I'd rather be tickled than chocked anyday" :eek:

DIY Pete

No comment

10471822_266258363558706_196072864_a.jpg

Bh_3u3bCAAAL0x6.jpg

I found a picture of a guy actually smoking one of these, but this is a family forum.

Well that's a waste of tobacco. I bet you could make 10 to 15 robustos out of that donkey d***.

Pete

Smokin Harley

My ring size range of choice is between 50-66 ,hovering in the 54-58 mainly due to the sticks I find and re-buy only come in that size range ...CI has their "blend lab" cigars and I found a great one a few years ago I absolutely love and re-buy 5 at a time when I have the spare cash.RT-654 .Reviews of the cigar on their page ,a couple have said it resembles a Montecristo White Series. I've never had one of those due to cost but I might throw out the dough to compare if I ever come across one. I keep a few deep down in the humi for special occasions. I like a bigger cigar, seems to smoke cooler and flavors are more apparent. If whoever the mystery roller is that makes the RT-654 would make it in a 5x60 I think I would like it even more.

Status
Not open for further replies.