Buy Tobacco Leaf Online | Whole Leaf Tobacco

JAN 2015 FTT Seed Bank Holdings

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ben Brand

Bob I`m sorry to jump the gun (patience not one of my strong points) how can we obtain some of these varieties? Its just our postal system (like most things in SA) is not functioning to well, and I would like to try some the new season (May 2015). Waiting for a parcel from the Us that was posted end of November 2014.
Ben

TheOtherOne

having a hell of a time opening the file on my droid. This summer should be unusually hot and long so I was just looking for some shade leaf / wrapper and some sort of filler...

DonH

having a hell of a time opening the file on my droid. This summer should be unusually hot and long so I was just looking for some shade leaf / wrapper and some sort of filler...
For this year? Kinda late to start seeds now...

TheOtherOne

Yeah, planning to save a lot, plant a few. I was talking to Dgbama about some yellow twist bud... Seeing as our seasons routinely go into the first week of november, I think I can get some in in time, even if it winds up being a nail biting finish. But you are right, I am planning to store the majority of any seed I come acrost.

COLIN

Bob could you please help me out. I'm try to find these verities K326,NC71,and CC27 for this coming season.

Smokin Harley

This is the current status of the FTT Seed Bank data.

There are 565 individual listings, which condense down to 421 unique varieties held. These numbers do not include additional varieties that may have been grown and submitted to FTT since late autumn of 2014.

Because of the large number of items in the list, I have created downloadable, printable lists in .pdf format. Each list is sorted differently. Otherwise they list the same varieties. Each .pdf file is about 500k. Printed in landscape, each list is 12 pages.
FTT SeedBank JAN2015 by Variety.pdf
FTT SeedBank JAN2015 by Class.pdf
FTT SeedBank JAN2015 by PI Number.pdf

Further details will follow.

Bob

Bob, what is Brazil Dunkel like?? listed as filler but as a beer snob a dunkel is usually a German beer a tad on the dark side. Wondering what the flavor and color of it is.

deluxestogie

Administrator
Staff member
Bob could you please help me out. I'm try to find these verities K326,NC71,and CC27 for this coming season.

Colin, I'm not aware of a source for these.

Bob, what is Brazil Dunkel like?? listed as filler but as a beer snob a dunkel is usually a German beer a tad on the dark side. Wondering what the flavor and color of it is.
Dunkel is simply German for "dark." The Brasil Dunkel that I grew produced a fairly large, medium-brown leaf on a medium-height stalk. It kilns to a somewhat darker brown. I was not particularly impressed by the taste and aroma, and have no plans to grow it again.

Bob

feesbranch

this is an impressive list. I am looking for Lockwood (its a burley tobacco). It grown in eastern KY, Southern Ohio and Western WV. Does anyone have any seeds?

Status
Not open for further replies.