Buy Tobacco Leaf Online | Whole Leaf Tobacco

JAN 2015 FTT Seed Bank Holdings

Status
Not open for further replies.

deluxestogie

Administrator
Staff member
UPDATE 2019: The FTT Seedbank is CLOSED for distribution. For an outstanding selection of seed, visit Northwood Seeds.

This is the current status of the FTT Seed Bank data.

There are 565 individual listings, which condense down to 421 unique varieties held. These numbers do not include additional varieties that may have been grown and submitted to FTT since late autumn of 2014.

Because of the large number of items in the list, I have created downloadable, printable lists in .pdf format. Each list is sorted differently. Otherwise they list the same varieties. Each .pdf file is about 500k. Printed in landscape, each list is 12 pages.
FTT SeedBank JAN2015 by Variety.pdf
FTT SeedBank JAN2015 by Class.pdf
FTT SeedBank JAN2015 by PI Number.pdf

Further details will follow.

Bob

Last edited:

ArizonaDave

This is the current status of the FTT Seed Bank data.

There are 565 individual listings, which condense down to 421 unique varieties held. These numbers do not include additional varieties that may have been grown and submitted to FTT since late autumn of 2014.

Because of the large number of items in the list, I have created downloadable, printable lists in .pdf format. Each list is sorted differently. Otherwise they list the same varieties. Each .pdf file is about 500k. Printed in landscape, each list is 12 pages.
FTT SeedBank JAN2015 by Variety.pdf
FTT SeedBank JAN2015 by Class.pdf
FTT SeedBank JAN2015 by PI Number.pdf

Further details will follow.

Bob

Fantastic job! Bob, this has clarified a few things for me. The Penn. Red is actually Penn. Red rose? I have been wondering for a few months now if they were related, after scanning the GRIN data base. The dates, varieties, class and PI Number references are excellent!

This will surely be a list that will last for many many years!

Ben Brand

Bob
What makes it interesting to me is that there is a cigar wrapper from South Africa- A24-TI 1577. I know we do dark pipe tobacco, but cigar wrappers. never knew that.

Hasse SWE

Founding Member
Greate work there Bob!
question one the file: don't the "Nicitiana projects" seed include? If so we/you also have "Mosaic tolerate Little wood" (PI:551330) don't find it one your file.. If you don't have it I can send you some seed next year, the seed I have from this year it's not grow well.. Don't know why...

Ben Brand

Bob, I`m busy negotiating with one of our extension officers to obtain some heirloom air-cured ( Dark pipe tobacco) seeds, Black shank resistant. Will let you know if I can get some.
Sorry to be a pain in the butt, but I don't see the OD1 I've sent to Don last year. It was a heirloom flu cured tobacco.
Ben

istanbulin

Founding Member
What do the bold written and highlighted entries, like the one below, indicate ?

XDEBND.jpg

Knucklehead

Founding Member

deluxestogie

Administrator
Staff member
The boldface and highlighting are remnants of my markings from my working copy of the 2014 GRIN group request list, which was appended to the Excel spreadsheet. That is to say, just ignore it. Sorry. There are probably still some odd fonts in there too.

If you want to print the list(s), be sure to set it to print landscape.

Bob

deluxestogie

Administrator
Staff member
Request for Info on Your Donated Seed

If you have sent a seed donation to FTT since the start of November, 2014, or if you intend to send a seed donation before the end of January 2015, I would appreciate your sending me a PM with the details, so I can incorporate it into the list of available seed.

If you have the following information:
  • Variety Name [e.g. Adiyaban]
  • GRIN Accession Code [e.g. TI # or TC # or TR #]
  • GRIN PI #
  • GRIN Use Class [e.g. Oriental]
  • Country of Origin [e.g. Turkey]
  • Accession Date [e.g. 1984]
  • Date you grew the donated seed [e.g. 2014]
for each donated variety, it will save me a great deal of time trying to track it down. If you are missing some of the info, just leave that blank.

I'm hoping to put out a final list by the end of January.

Thanks,
Bob

Status
Not open for further replies.