Buy Tobacco Leaf Online | Whole Leaf Tobacco

What's the best way to browse?

Status
Not open for further replies.

jolly

i'm not sure if this is the best place to start the thread, but what's the best way to browse the forum. I use an iPad or my phone most of the time. I use tala talk for some other forums but this one doesn't appear available. Thanks.

jolly

Re: What's the bust way to browse?

Sorry, that wasn't clear... I use tapatalk for other forums. I find that i'm missing updates I want to see. I certainly don't want email notifications... I just want a quick way to keep up with topics. Given the speed at which you guys respond, I'm guessing you've figured it out.

darren1979

First Time Grower

If I'm on my phone or nexus I just view the full website. I don't bother with the mobile site or tapatalk.

Also I like to use the unread posts, keeps me upto date on what threads have been updated.

Knucklehead

Founding Member

The link in your post works, but I don't see how you got there. I can't find an unread posts link. Maybe i've got a setting turned off. This is just what I need.

On my computer it is in the second line of print at the top of every page. On the far right. It is possible that you have your print size too large. I forget what you call that. Display setting?

jolly

On my computer it is in the second line of print at the top of every page. On the far right. It is possible that you have your print size too large. I forget what you call that. Display setting?

Perfect, I see it now! I'm using chrome on an ipad and it doesn't show up as a link, just looked like non-clickable stats. Thanks Knuck!

Knucklehead

Founding Member

Perfect, I see it now! I'm using chrome on an ipad and it doesn't show up as a link, just looked like non-clickable stats. Thanks Knuck!

You're right, it doesn't light up or change color like most links. I hadn't noticed that before. That's the link I like best. Others use "View Active Topics". It is a link in the line with Store, Donate, Forum, Albums, etc. at the top of each page. If your print size is medium to large it will be a white link in the white background just under those other links. You'll have to hover your pointer over it to find it. The Forum FAQ's (different from tobacco FAQ's) tell a lot about the forum links and operation and how to navigate. It also explains Groups and how to start one. http://fairtradetobacco.com/faq.php

My favorite way to find old posts again is to use the Archive button at the bottom right of each page. It is a text only version of the forum. No pictures or avatars or signatures. Most threads fit on one page in the Archives. Quick link: http://fairtradetobacco.com/archive/index.php

jolly

Nice, never noticed the archive button before. That's a great way to dig around. I'll bet its a bit more phone friendly too.

Status
Not open for further replies.