Buy Tobacco Leaf Online | Whole Leaf Tobacco

Ohio State Runs Over Oregon To Win National Championship

Status
Not open for further replies.

FmGrowit

Head Honcho
Staff member
HOLY CRAP...the Huff makes sense

These Ohio State Buckeyes are why the College Football Playoff exists. With running back Ezekiel Elliott leading the charge, Ohio State overran Oregon 42-20 in the national championship game of college football's inaugural four-team playoff at AT&T Stadium in Arlington, Texas on Monday night. After Heisman Trophy winner Marcus Mariota staked the second-seeded Ducks to a 7-0 lead in the first quarter with a touchdown pass, the fourth-seeded Buckeyes took control. Ohio State led 21-10 at halftime and outscored Oregon 14-0 in the fourth quarter to seal the win.

http://www.huffingtonpost.com/2015/01/13/ohio-state-national-champions-oregon_n_6460370.html

Last edited:

Cigar

HaHa Im telling you what really happened was the Oregon players were all "high" from leagalized pot and plane paid plane tickets to "Vegas" to spend there money paid!!:rolleyes:

Cigar

no no im just saying Nick S. from Bama is with family on way to long vaction in Hawaiii all paid!! :rolleyes: and Oregon QB aleardy in draft Im sure hes crying too:rolleyes:

Cigar

Congrats Ohio St on great season and bowl wins keep it up [until you meet TN Vols which we are 6-0 vs you]

cigar

BarG

Founding Member
Thats who me and my wife were rooting for! Way to go Buckeyes. Guaranteed NFL position for the third string quarterback.

DonH

Congrats, Don, this was a great season for your team. They really looked like crap the first two games, so Meyer had a coach of the year season. But... enjoy it while you can, we're coming at you with Harbaugh!

Knucklehead

Founding Member
Congrats to the Buckeyes. One hell of a game. They did it the hard way. Going all the way with three or four different starting quarterbacks is a testament to great coaching. I told the wife before the playoffs started that Ohio State was the one team I was worried about. Urban can retire with a clear conscience now (the sooner, the better lol) No excuses here, the best team won the championship.

PS - Roll Tide. Next year. :D

webmost

I got no dog in the fight. I'm just glad and relieved they finally got a playoff, fer cryin out loud. Been waiting all my life for a playoff. Great games all around, demonstrating the dispositive value of competition.

Knucklehead

Founding Member
I got no dog in the fight. I'm just glad and relieved they finally got a playoff, fer cryin out loud. Been waiting all my life for a playoff. Great games all around, demonstrating the dispositive value of competition.

I agree. At least it's settled on the field now, instead of by someone's opinion.

FmGrowit

Head Honcho
Staff member
Now all they have to do is figure out a fair way to see who should go to the play offs. Everyone knows Ohio State never should have been there to begin with.

DGBAMA

I would like to see a top 10 playoff. No matter what ranking system one follows, bcs, coaches poll, AP, they are pretty consistent by end of season.

5 weeks. 9 & 10 are "wildcard".

Week 1, 7v10 & 8v9
Week 2, bracket of 8
Week 3, bracket of 4
Week 4, off
Week 5, championship

DonH

I would like to see a top 10 playoff. No matter what ranking system one follows, bcs, coaches poll, AP, they are pretty consistent by end of season.

5 weeks. 9 & 10 are "wildcard".

Week 1, 7v10 & 8v9
Week 2, bracket of 8
Week 3, bracket of 4
Week 4, off
Week 5, championship
Too many games, the season would be too long. The regular season games wouldn't mean as much. I like the 4 team system. If you lose one game in the regular season you might not make it. Two games and you won't. Every game would matter more.

DGBAMA

At a minimum, there are 5 major conferences, so one conference champion gets left out.

It really wouldn't extend the season, there is normally 6 weeks between end of regular season and the championship game.

Cigar

know that we get Ohio St got lucky and won..whats your bets on super bowl?? I hope Seattle wins but if had to bet would goto cheating NE

webmost

Top eight would be plenty. Five conference champs plus three wildcards voted in.

Knucklehead

Founding Member
Top eight would be plenty. Five conference champs plus three wildcards voted in.

It gets complicated with the current rating system. It's possible now that the conference champs aren't even in the top ten.

Knucklehead

Founding Member
I was watching the recruitment results the other day. Alabama and Ohio State both have good recruits this year.

Status
Not open for further replies.