Buy Tobacco Leaf Online | Whole Leaf Tobacco

cigar roller from Berks county Pa.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Birage

Hi all, Birage here, I have been rollin cigars for about 7 years on and off. Finding good tobacco was hard until WLT came along, I then dusted off my molds, chaveta, etc. and went to work. I enjoy maduro and oscuro cigars mostly, but I smoke and enjoy any cigar that has merit, regardless of color, race, or creed, LOL! My hobbies are: coffee roasting, espresso making, winemaking (I have a small vineyard growing some new hybrids from Cornell and Minnesota Univerities, purely amateur though!). I love Pennsylvania broadleaf tobacco, Don's new stuff is real nice, and I like tobacco with high aromatics and some depth, pretty much any good tobacco that isn't too grassy. My next challenge is to roll some nice perfectos, of which I do not presently know how to do, probably will need a mold. I live in a small town called Birdsboro in Pennsylvania which is a few miles from French Creek State Park. I go into Lancaster County for my farm milk, eggs, etc. and I always look to see if I can find a farmer growing some good cigar tobacco. I did venture into growing some Pa. Broadleaf one year, made my own kiln, fermented it twice, it turned out okay, but it was too much to add to my other hobbies. So now I just buy my tobacco. Looking to share my experiences with everyone, and to learn from everyone on the forum, we all have something to offer!

bonehead

welcome, cigar rolling is getting a lot more popular lately. i got a meadow creek smoker made in lancaster pa. i think. it was quite a drive to pick up the smoker and chicken cooker.

webmost

My next challenge is to roll some nice perfectos, of which I do not presently know how to do, probably will need a mold.

Well, heck, once Spring breaks out, I ought to load the mold, chavetta, and some makins in the motorcycle panniers, and ride on up route 10. We can herf up and roll some perfectos. Sounds like a nice way to waste a Saturday. You up for that?

charlie G.

Welcome Birage, That usto be my stomping grounds when I did some bird dog training years ago. I also usto love walking around the Morgantown market before it was all changed. I always loved that area. You are in a great area to try to grow your own tobacco for rolling. I still go threw there on my way to the Green Dragon twice a year.
Again welcome

Birage

Thanks for the warm welcome guys, this is such a nice forum. Webmost, or any fellow cigarman for that matter, you are certainly welcome at my humble abode, especially if you can teach me the trick to perfectos LOL! Charlie G., I remember the Morgantown market, I believe that was the one with the little clock tower. Gdaddy, I will certainly mention the things I do that work, or don't work for me. If we all share our experiences it will make us better torcedores, hopefully! Thank you also for the welcome Knuclehead. I may add that I am not an experienced forum(computer) guy, so I have to learn to navigate some of these new links and such that I am not familiar with, bare with me (my wife who works with computers all day is helping me)I am sort of old school.....maybe because I am old ( I'm 59, that may not be real old, but it isn't 29!).

Birage

Bonehead, I see you live in Connecticut (hope I spelled that right). Since that is a place that is well known for tobacco, are there many cigar rolling enthusiasts in that area? Lancaster County, and even some of Berks County, there is quite a bit of tobacco grown, but not too many people into the finished product that I have seen, unless I just haven't been to the right places. Would love to see Don get some good Conecticut Broadleaf to go along with the nice Pa Broadleaf he has in stock. I see from this forum that yes, cigar rolling is getting popular. And here I thought I was the only nut case out there rolling my own!

Status
Not open for further replies.