Buy Tobacco Leaf Online | Whole Leaf Tobacco

New.. from scotland

Status
Not open for further replies.

Markw

Ha wooteck have you looked into getting an allotment or a half plot, you will be able to get lots planted if you got one. As for what to grow is a good question, some you will find problems curing if they finish late in the season. If I were you I would try some bursa or samson, yellow twist bud and Maryland 609 they work well over here

squeezyjohn

A welcome from me too Wooteck!

Mark's right ... if you can get an allotment near you you could get in to growing your own for very little money! You'd be surprised how vigorously tobacco can grow in the UK ... I certainly was! Even in Scotland if you pick a strain which matures quickly you will get a crop outside. Just nurture the plants on your windowsill from March to May and then get them out in June after the risk of frosts is gone. If you want to go down the Guerrilla gardening route - just choose a spot that won't get mown by the council and gets plenty of sun ... once the plant takes off it won't be outcompeted by grass.

Best of luck with everything

Squeezy

WooTeck

It's easier than you might think.

yeah the rolling itself looks do-able. have been rolling cigs with rizzla for the last 8 years and am compitent. having a look at some of the vid's should be able to make something presentable quickly. the big part will be blending and getting a hold of the leaves.

Ha wooteck have you looked into getting an allotment or a half plot, you will be able to get lots planted if you got one. As for what to grow is a good question, some you will find problems curing if they finish late in the season. If I were you I would try some bursa or samson, yellow twist bud and Maryland 609 they work well over here
id love to but im strapped for cash at the moment main reason that im looking in to this hobby. spent a hell of a lot on beer brewing equipment.

Super cool avatar! Welcome fellow Britisher! I never thought about guerilla gardening before, that's a great idea.
chears ive been using for all my profiles for a while

Gmac

hi, im primarily a cigarette smoker but interested in rolling my own cigars.
I was recommended here from another 'do it you self' type forum. up until now I have been focusing on making my own drink. but I feel now is the time to branch out in to new hobbies it being the start of the year after all. ive put an order in for a mixed kg of tobacco so we will see how that turns out excited to give this a go.

Eck

Hello, Welcome to the forum! Tell all my fellow Macs hello for me.
Gmac

Hasse SWE

Founding Member

Mdole is a dark varieties (if you take a look at knucklehead's grow for 2014 you realize thee is pretty much different Madole). But Madole making it good quite far up in Sweden (and Finland) places where it's quite difficult to get good growing, Green Brior was one that stand up pretty well late in my grow.. The hardest thing is offcourse to Dry the tobacco, but if you ain't have some ideas you self, I think someone in here have..
P.s. Madole have quite high Nicotine..

WooTeck

ive been thinking about the gorilla grow idea. i live in the center of a city with loads of grass areas. where is the best place to get seeds?

Markw

Yep Northwood seeds is one of the best I have used. I got some off him the other week not just tobacco but other seeds it was on my matt in a week.

Knucklehead

Founding Member
26 pages should be 104 pages and btw thanks jolly .

PO, you can make changes in your settings as to the amount of posts that appear on one page. I have mine set to 40 posts per page. More posts per page equals fewer pages.

DGBAMA

I'll take a look at that Knuck :D

Can't seem to find that perticular setting , anyone to help out ?

Click "settings", beside " profile ", at the top right of the header. On the left of the settings page find " general settings ". Scroll down to " thread display options ", below that will be " view number of posts per page ".

WooTeck

ive been away a while. was really disapopinted in my last order of tobacco that turned out to be african shake (shrapnal of verry low quality compressed in to brinks *boke):(.
kinda my falt for oppting for the really cheap stuff. even with the poor quality i eventually got through it just took me a while.

i have receved a nice package of mixed indavidually wraped leaf, thank god. it contains...

Flue Cured Virginia Brightleaf
Burley Leaf Threshed
Canadian Lemon V.F.C.
Red V. F.C.
W.L. Flue Cured

im hoping to roll some cigars tonight and make up some rolling tobacco tomorrow.

hopping to be around more because ill have something to post about rather than grumbling about poor quality tobacco

andrew_b

Hey WooTeck! Did you get stung for any customs import duty bringing all that into the uk?

Knucklehead

Founding Member
Flue Cured Virginia Brightleaf
Burley Leaf Threshed
Canadian Lemon V.F.C.
Red V. F.C.
W.L. Flue Cured

im hoping to roll some cigars tonight and make up some rolling tobacco tomorrow.

hopping to be around more because ill have something to post about rather than grumbling about poor quality tobacco

Hey Wooteck welcome back. You have some nice makings for good cigarettes, but you may be disappointed with it used in cigars. Does your leaf distributor offer any cigar varieties? Can you order some from Don or are customs charges too high? The class and variety will make all the difference in the world in the taste of your cigars.

Status
Not open for further replies.