Buy Tobacco Leaf Online | Whole Leaf Tobacco

New.. from scotland

Status
Not open for further replies.

WooTeck

hi, im primarily a cigarette smoker but interested in rolling my own cigars.
I was recommended here from another 'do it you self' type forum. up until now I have been focusing on making my own drink. but I feel now is the time to branch out in to new hobbies it being the start of the year after all. ive put an order in for a mixed kg of tobacco so we will see how that turns out excited to give this a go.

Eck

ChinaVoodoo

Welcome, I don't know if you plan on growing and curing, but I'm actually curious about how tobacco would do in Scotland. Doesn't get that cold. doesn't get that warm. Wet.

Markw

Hi and welcome . And yes you will be able to grow tobacco in Scotland as long as you pick the correct strain that does not take too long to mature.

WooTeck

thanks for the warm welcome.

i have i been thinking about growing my own. over the winter it wouldn't be an option its -1 just now and we are getting 7ish hours of light. when it comes in to spring im thinking i might set up a plant or 2 in my kitchen window. i will need to do research in to strains, maybe markw could point me in the right direction.

im just rubbing my hands at the thought of the mixed kg arriving p&p said 14day unfortunately. im going to try and avoid buying tobacco until then but that will probably not be able

WooTeck

i just read the growing faq. i live in a 3rd floor flat and dont have a garden. if the plants grow to 6f tall there's no way i would be able to fit them in.

may give it a go if i acquire more room. for now ill just have to buy in leaves and do what i can.

Welcome hope you find FTT interesting and stay..
i hope to hang around and learn the craft. don't have much experience with cigars but that's mainly due to the expense. looking forward to learn

Hasse SWE

Founding Member
i just read the growing faq. i live in a 3rd floor flat and dont have a garden. if the plants grow to 6f tall there's no way i would be able to fit them in.

may give it a go if i acquire more room. for now ill just have to buy in leaves and do what i can.

I realized that you dont have the right living to grow.. But as I say, hope. You stay..

jolly

I sympathize with your situation. This year I'm sticking plants along roadsides and in vacant properties in my area. If you really want to give it a shot, sprout some plants and stick them in places you go by -- on your way to work... close to your apartment. I think there are a lot of people like us with limited to no space who need other options for growing.

WooTeck

I sympathize with your situation. This year I'm sticking plants along roadsides and in vacant properties in my area. If you really want to give it a shot, sprout some plants and stick them in places you go by -- on your way to work... close to your apartment. I think there are a lot of people like us with limited to no space who need other options for growing.
thats a awesome idea. i do live right across the road from a massive park.

i just need to get my head around how this forum runs. with enough time it'll be smooth sailing

Status
Not open for further replies.