Buy Tobacco Leaf Online | Whole Leaf Tobacco

Black Fronto

Status
Not open for further replies.

dondford

Anybody tried WLT's Black Fronto yet? My order can in yesterday and I was surprised; the description said it " has a smokey, full tobacco flavor". I haven't rolled any yet, so can't comment on the favor but I believe the smell is every bit as strong as the Dark Fire WLT sells. It is beautiful leaf. I have used some of the Dark Fire and like it, but the problem is I have double seal the cigars rolled with it and segregate them from my other cigars. I had planned to use the Dark Fronto mostly as wrapper and binder, but did not anticipate the strong smell. How are you other guys using it, or how would it use it?

D

Birage

I have used the dark fired and like another member said it seems to be strong in the unlit aroma, but when lit it is hard to discern in the blend. I, too, would love to know what Fronto can do to a cigar blend, is it high in nicotine, how is it cured, is it a fermented tobacco or an air cured? I don't hear about too many people putting it in their cigar blends, so it makes me wonder if it has much to offer. I understand from what I read that the leaves are big and nice and pliable, probably would make a good binder if anything. Also, could anyone here on the forum tell me if it is rude or out of line to request a sample of a particular leaf when ordering from WLT. I have bought a lot of my tobacco from Don based on his samples that he most graciously added to the order. There are some tobaccos I would like to try, but do not want to commit to a whole pound. The quarter pound sampler that his competitor sells is a nice option, I would like to see Don offer that option.

dondford

It is definitely fire cured and I don't think fronto is usually fermented. I brought it because of it's size with the plan to use it as wrapper and binder. Another forum uses broadleaf so large he is able to cut what he calls "select" wrapper between the veins of the leaf.
I suspect Don would supply a sample of a requested tobacco, he has been generous with his samples but agree it would be great if he offered 1/2 and 1/4 lbs.

FmGrowit

Head Honcho
Staff member
Fronto and Grabba are terms (words) needed to attract the demographic it is intended for (strictly a marketing thing) . I'm not trying to deceive anyone, so if you're not looking for Fronto or Grabba, I'd recommend not buying it. Two of the three types of Fronto I offer are re-purposed tobacco types readily available in their traditional classifications.

While Fronto and Grabba will be permanent listings in the WLT products line, there will be no forum (or sub forum) for it/them on this site.

Last edited:

SmokeyBOY1

Fronto and Grabba are terms (words) needed to attract the demographic it is intended for (strictly a marketing thing) . I'm not trying to deceive anyone, so if you're not looking for Fronto or Grabba, I'd recommend not buying it. Two of the three types of Fronto I offer are re-purposed tobacco types readily available in their traditional classifications.

While Fronto and Grabba will be permanent listings in the WLT products line, there will be no forum (or sub forum) for it/them on this site.

FRONTO LEAF is great to have for the natural cigar culture that brings us all a sensational feeling and taste perfected by yourself. But the problem is where can it be obtained in New York City.

SmokeyBOY1

FRONTO LEAF is great to have for the natural cigar culture that brings us all a sensational feeling and taste perfected by yourself. But the problem is where can it be obtained in New York City.

Status
Not open for further replies.