Buy Tobacco Leaf Online | Whole Leaf Tobacco

Cole from Alberta Canada

Status
Not open for further replies.

norest

Hey y'all! I'm from Alberta Canada and I'm in the late stages of my first crop. Doing mad research. If your from anywhere in the northern hemisphere you know it's frozen something that rhymes with sock jiff up here. I'm growing hydroponic in a tent using a home made deep water culture/drip hybrid. Under a 600w HID. Then I have organic soil in another tent with organic nutrition. Under a 150w florescent and Kessel H380 LED.

I understand growing fairly well in a controlled environment. But this whole harvest and curing has me a bit baffled. So much information online and I get the feeling climate makes all that info relative. Hope in I can create an environment with all your collective knowledge here! Looking forward to working with y'all! if you have any hydroponic questions I may be able to help!

Attachments

• 2015-01-17-15-09-17.jpg
    2015-01-17-15-09-17.jpg
    48.7 KB · Views: 9

andrew_b

Welcome to the forum Cole. This is the best place for learning everything there is to know about growing and blending tobacco. And you're right about it being freezing in the northern hemisphere.

DGBAMA

Welcome Cole.

How many plants are you growing?

Pics of your grow would be welcomed. Good to hear of things growing in the winter.

Basic requirements for a curing chamber are a sealed box/enclosure inside which you can control both temp and humidity. If you can control 90-170deg, and 0-100% humidity within the box, you can effectively air cure, flue cure, kiln, or ferment.

bonehead

welcome, i put my starter trays on an ebb and flow table after they germinate. it is easy to water them from the bottom that way and you can't forget because of the timer.

Chicken

redneck grower
Founding Member
Sounds like you got a good system to grow anything...all though I generally associate your lights and hydro system with growing pot.I realize your growing season is short.so your setup would give you a big head start..so you could do a successful crop before it got too cold..I start my seeds under c.f.l. lights..I have a 400watt his light.but I've never used it for my bacca..

This year I may use it instead of having all those CFL's in my grow room..

Some pics of your operation would be nice..

BarG

Founding Member
I can Say WOW looking at your pics. Growing seems less of a concern as opposed to drying and curing. Are those a type of Eskimo instead of rustica baccy in your pics?

Theres bound to be a way to yellow and air dry those leaves the same as anywhere else but different.

You'll probably get more ideas than you can shake a stick at and at least 1 or 2 solutions.

Last edited:

norest

Thanks everyone for the welcome! its awesome how active this forum is! I have 6 organic soils and 4 hydroponic rustica plants going on right now. thanks BarG! they are movin swiftly!

Status
Not open for further replies.