Buy Tobacco Leaf Online | Whole Leaf Tobacco

Can't get no cherry

Status
Not open for further replies.

dondford

My rolling is getting better with good straight burns, no re-lites, no tunneling or canoeing and most pass Gdaddy's 6 min test, but I have noticed that my cigars seldom have the desired cherry at the end. Even when they are burning good and straight, when I roll the ash off, there is usually no cherry but is level or slightly concave (but no real tunneling problem) What am I doing wrong??

D

DGBAMA

Maybe nothing, since you have an even burn, but here are my thoughts anyway.

To have a "cherry" the wrapper has to burn back slightly faster than the filler. A few possibilities:

Wrapper still a little to moist.
Wrapper/binder leaf type/selection too thick.
Wrapper/binder cut too wide, resulting in too much overlap, resulting in wrapper/binder having too many layers to burn faster than the filler.

Gdaddy

I'd agree with DGBAMA. It sounds like there may be nothing wrong. Provided the cigar is properly dried the uniformity of density of the roll influences the rate of burn. A thin light wrapper will perform differently than a thick one on the same cigar.

There is no shame in using your jet lighter to touch it up along the way to create and maintain the 'cherry of your dreams'.

Status
Not open for further replies.