Buy Tobacco Leaf Online | Whole Leaf Tobacco

Beer Carbonation Issues

Status
Not open for further replies.

Smokin Harley

Chicken, I finally made the beer kits . In fact tomorrow should be bottling day. One is a Canadian Lager and the other is a Classic American Light but I added a half packet of the booster to it to add a little more alcohol %. It was easier than I thought being an extract kit , pretty much sanitize, boiled filtered tap water cooled a little. Add the extract, stir ,pour in the fermenter (little brown keg) and pitch yeast and wait. Tasted at day 10 and I was really impressed that it tasted like weak beer. I let my wife taste them yesterday and she said they were actually drinkable . Once I add the priming sugar and condition it a couple more weeks and I'll be able to tell you more.
I've already been snooping at the local Home Brew Supply house which is only a 10 minute drive from the house. I'm looking hard into starting brewing with all grain ingredients. AG is cheaper and more controllable than extract kits. BIAB is the simplest and cheapest route to get started. I can grow that out to some big shiny 3 tier equipment later .
With a few sort of pricey pieces of equipment and a little hands-on I can get a starter brew stand made for about as much as I spent on building my tobacco kiln. I already have a propane burner and some of the simple tools . I already have the 2- 2 gallon LBK fermenters that I can use for small batch trials. I thought of going with just a 5 gallon mash tun (converted insulated water cooler) but the recipes usually are made for 5 or 10 gallon batches and you need head room so a 5 really isn't big enough. Limiting myself to a 10 gallon mash tun . I can make 5 gallon on up to 8 with ease. Should make enough beer to last me and the wife a while ...while I come up with the next idea to brew.

riverstone

You have the perfect apparatus for controlling your fermentation temperature in the winter. Use your kiln turned down to fermentation temperature and then when it has finished working cast your finings and take out the keg and let it chill down.

Status
Not open for further replies.