Buy Tobacco Leaf Online | Whole Leaf Tobacco

What is Webmost's Favorite Wrapper?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Birage

When I spoke with you on the phone I thought that you had said that you prefered lighter shade cigars as opposed to maduros, etc. When I was on the FX Smith website and was on the Smithdale maduro link it said that this cigar was the webmaster's favorite. Are you and the Webmaster one in the same? And if so, is the maduro really your favorite, seeing as you said you like lighter shade smokes.

webmost

I prefer brown or especially reddish brown. Habano, rosado, criollo. That said, there have certainly been some maduros I like. Alex Bradley Black Market, FXSS Smithdale maduro. Likewise some connies, even a couple claros.

Yes I am the webmaster.

One of the webmaster's faves is even a cheap little number called a White Orchid, with a paper binder (I know they like to say homogenized, but let's face it). I try to be unsnooty. Guy gave me a Dutch Masters at a pig roast last summer and I had trouble finding anything wrong with that, at a pig roast.

Far as WLT wrappers I have settled on the Habano for a while now. It's flexible enough to shape round the perfecto, tasty as well.

What I don't usually care for is the coffee or pepper taste you get with most maddies.

webmost

Dont' let him fool you. Webmost's favorite wrapper is something called "Free"...:)
No, I'll tell you what's my favorite wrapper, is square deal wrapper. Square deal beats free any day.

I ordered I forget how much Habano 2000 from WholeLeafTobacco last summer. One of the bundles had a buncha bug holes chomped through the ends of the leaves. I sent Don a picture of the bug-holed wrapper. He sent me a replacement hand of Habano gratis with my next order. I offered to return him the holey stuff. He told me keep it for binder. That's better than free wrapper; that's square deal wrapper. I still have it.

Fact, one of our FTT brethren DonH is swapping me some Prilep for cigars. Shot him out a magic box and waiting for it to come back with leaves. My plan is to try Criollo98 with Prilep for sweetness, bound with square deal, and wrapped with Habano 2000.

Tell you a nice wrapper is on the Fonseca Arana. It's got dom filler, criollo binder, and habano wrapper. But that habano is grown in San Andres, IIRC ... at any rate, it has a darker color, a thinner texture, and a unique spicier zing to it. Anyone looking for a reasonable priced special smoke, that's a good one. Just the oily sheen and aroma of it, stick it in your mouth, and you know. Love them things.

Some of these store boughts have wonderful wrappers you never see for sale. Candela, rosado, colorado. I most always like the red leafs. Hang round long enough, Don may stock some. Until then, deluxe has a point that home growers can access a bigger variety than money can buy.

Status
Not open for further replies.