Buy Tobacco Leaf Online | Whole Leaf Tobacco

Indoor Hydroponic and Soilless

Status
Not open for further replies.

norest

Hey Everyone I'm Cole.

Welcome the the Indoor Hydroponic and Soilless thread! Post your pictures, share ideas and ask questions!

attachment.php
attachment.php

Yesterday this is one of my deep water cultures out of the system at its bi weekly water change going from the flower feeding cycle to a typhoon cleanse. I take one plant out of the system when I change water to stick the shop vacuum in and get most the water and any debris out. Hoping that taking the feed away and flushing the plant will make the taste and trigger the plant to seed out and turn color.

Last edited:

ArizonaDave

Hey Everyone I'm Cole.

Welcome the the Indoor Hydroponic and Soilless thread! Post your pictures, share ideas and ask questions!

attachment.php
attachment.php

Yesterday this is one of my deep water cultures out of the system at its bi weekly water change going from the flower feeding cycle to a typhoon cleanse. I take one plant out of the system when I change water to stick the shop vacuum in and get most the water and any debris out. Hoping that taking the feed away and flushing the plant will make the taste and trigger the plant to seed out and turn color.

Well, apparently there was some trouble with the pics posting? On the subject matter, it sounds like an interesting topic, especially for those with extreme hot/cold weather conditions.

norest

Well, apparently there was some trouble with the pics posting? On the subject matter, it sounds like an interesting topic, especially for those with extreme hot/cold weather conditions.

curious to see if anyone else out may have this condition, I've never thought about it being to hot outside that is interesting! the picture thing is strange because I can see them and when you replied with quote I can see them there as well. anyone know what sort of error that could be?

norest

the two original pictures, sorry still trying to learn the forum! seems I forgot to attach them?

attachment.php
attachment.php

Attachments

• a little scale at time of typhoon cleanse and its only the front plant not the big one.jpg
    a little scale at time of typhoon cleanse and its only the front plant not the big one.jpg
    30.6 KB · Views: 158
  • roots when i started typhoon cleanse.jpg
    roots when i started typhoon cleanse.jpg
    37.7 KB · Views: 157

Cigar

wow..are you sure in right growing forum?? hehe those leaves look good enough want to boil like cabbage and eat!! great job.

Cigar

USHOG

That's pretty cool. I ran a ebb and flo to grow some wrapper and it worked great. Only problem That I faced was supporting the plants as they grew tall as I held the light back to stretch them out.

I also run a hybrid aquaponics garden. I have had fantastic results over the last 3 years with this system.

ArizonaDave

curious to see if anyone else out may have this condition, I've never thought about it being to hot outside that is interesting! the picture thing is strange because I can see them and when you replied with quote I can see them there as well. anyone know what sort of error that could be?

Not sure, but am enjoying the pics now! Now did you have an aerator or fish near by? Just very curious now :)

Yes, it can get close to *116 F here in the day, and the night is a cool (cough, cough) *105, or at least in July-October. I like my Little Dutch flavor so much, I'D LOVE to grow it year 'round inside.

norest

Thanks USHOG! Dope website yards got there. If you you have a fan on them constantly they should grow up really stout. The further you pull your lights back the less plant accessible radiation there is. Lowering your PAR per watt and watts are dollars. I put my light in a cooling tube and even at 600watt HID the plants are within 6 inches at times not burning.

the garden sounds awesome! Get some pictures up! This thread is for soilless techniques and I'm sure the tobacco would thrive there too!

Chicken

redneck grower
Founding Member
Perhaps I have something you could use...I have 96 bottles 16oz. Of liquid fertilizer...let me know the proper n-p-k that you need and I'll see if I got it...I'm sure I do...

I'll gladly.send you a couple of them.

USHOG

Here are a few pictures of my winter garden. This worked out great so I am incorporating this method to outside garden. All I used was recycling fish water added a little iron, cal, and mag. I used a 400 watt hps and after they got bigger I raised the light far away to make the tobacco stretch and have thinner leaves

attachment.php
attachment.php

Attachments

• 20140917_142027.jpg
    20140917_142027.jpg
    48.6 KB · Views: 155
  • 20141004_094624.jpg
    20141004_094624.jpg
    56.5 KB · Views: 157

Chicken

redneck grower
Founding Member
Seeing you guys use your hid's ..makes me want to fire mine up..I normally start my plants under the CFL's..but this year I do plan on starting the bacca and the garden at the same time..so I may use my 400...its been a while since that lights been used.

norest

Damn that's hot ArizonaDave! I would die down there but I need to check it out for the desert country one day I hear it's the place toto mountain biking! I haven't got the aquaponics Goin I just use mineral feed with some additional boosters. I don't think fish do so well in ponds when it his -45 ouside.

Thanks chicken! Im not exactly sure what NPK that tobacco would run best at. That is something i will research. Ive been growing them to the manufacturers specs that I belive are build for Marijuana and it's rockin hard! Also pH would be neat to figure out what's best but it seems to be pretty on already. I belive it's a pretty broad spectrum feed. So I change out the whole systems water every two weeks incase of a build up of any minerals.

USHOG that's a freaking sweet table and room! Share some specs? How come you use a HPS for growth instead of metal halide?

USHOG

The hps makes them stretch and have a much thinner leaf. Works great for wrapper leaf only. The ph I found that worked best was 5.0 but with fish I have to keep the ph around 6.0. The table is 10 x 5.

norest

Been working steady about a month and time flew. Didn't get many new pictures on account of the sh!t shave shower sleep work life but the plants kept growing podding out like mad. Flushed with Typhoon Cleanse for a week then just RO water for another waiting to see if they would die showing a little promise with the bottom leaves turning brown on the plant but way too slow for my liking. Turned the lights off for a week didn't change anything. eventually they drank all the water in the reservoir guess I was being lazy and impatient so I sawed them down and hung them up too color cure. 3'x3'x6' tent 65f/18c and 70% humidity.
attachment.php

Attachments

• 3 days of stalk curing 65f 70%rh.jpg
    3 days of stalk curing 65f 70%rh.jpg
    54.2 KB · Views: 115

ArizonaDave

Nice looking pics! What's the temp in your flue cure? I think that's key.

I'd like to know how you did do your buckets in the 1st place? Where did you get the root screen?

The AZ Desert does get hot in the summer, but I spend it in the pool, so it's no big deal to me. From October to April are the best months to recreate.

norest

Hey I fell off the face of the earth for a year! The temp in the tent for the cure was about 18 to 19C that's what my basement is at usually. Then a large rubber maid tub half full of water keep the humidity about 70%.

The buckets are new 5 gallon pails. 3 bulkheads in each. 1 at the bottom for equilibrium. 2 at the top for overflow and circulation. The net pots can be found at any hydro store I belive. Filled with volcanic rock.

norest

Gold seal burley hydroponic start September 2nd

Day 1 gold seal burley set atop pre washed rock wool soaked -
20160902_154643.jpg
With 3 drops of each nutrient from the vegetative chart in 500mls spring water then watered with and additional 500mls fresh spring water. Sealed with cling wrap and -
20160914_200811.jpg
Set under a 125watt 6400K compact fluorescent light for 12 hours a day to start the seeds.
20160914_200312.jpg
Day 14
20160914_191326.jpg

Status
Not open for further replies.