Buy Tobacco Leaf Online | Whole Leaf Tobacco

what is the difference - Havana 503

Status
Not open for further replies.

Hasse SWE

Founding Member
Hi I know from a file that Havana#501 is the first Havana variant how have Resistante against "wildfire" and it's a Cross between T.L#106 and Havana#211(comes up 1966), Havana#503 is a cross between Havana#501 and Burley#21.. I have from the start of my hobby growing of tobacco Havana#503B in my garden.. My question is wat means whit the B after Havana 503 one my tobacco??

Cigar

Re: what is the different??

Good question Hasse SW..with all the many Havana #'S out there would love to know history of them.

Cigar

Hasse SWE

Founding Member

Good question Hasse SW..with all the many Havana #'S out there would love to know history of them.

Cigar

YES some can you find bye google: "Registration of crop variants and the one you will know of"

deluxestogie

Administrator
Staff member

Interesting question.

From GRIN:
I'm going to make a wild guess that 503B is merely a separately maintained seed batch of the same variety, given the sequential TC numbers and the identical listing dates. Perhaps Jessica could clarify this.

Bob

Hasse SWE

Founding Member
I'm going to make a wild guess that 503B is merely a separately maintained seed batch of the same variety, given the sequential TC numbers and the identical listing dates. Perhaps Jessica could clarify this.

Bob
yes perhaps are you right Bob, have been thinking of why they saved the 503 name, but this make a point..

Hasse SWE

Founding Member

Cigar

YES some can you find bye google: "Registration of crop variants and the one you will know of"

Sorry "CIGAR" I did a test one Havana 142 but didn't find the PDF-file (book) that i looking for.
I know my question don't have any answer in it..

Every tobacco have a reason,and a history and I think it's very funny To know things about the one I like or don't like..

Cigar

n/p Hasse SWE..I laso tried google search on many Havana #'s and only got places to buy the seeds lol..but I love reading about all tobacco history and such and seeing how many of the cigar tobacco called Havanas out there is very interesting seems alot cross-breeding went on many years ago.

Cigar

Hasse SWE

Founding Member
I think (sense tobacco always makes some very very small differences) perhaps 503B make goes more to the Burley and 503 more to Havana..
But how know's

Status
Not open for further replies.